VHR Library Release

Not a mention of the library release today. I thought it was great.

Agree - however, you can find some of the wines at a lower price on W-S. The 2016s for example were going for $220 on wineaccess

I purchased the 2016 VHR on the library release today. I tried finding the 2016 on wineaccess the day everyone on Wineberserkers commented on it but to no avail. Not sure if it sold out immediately or if it was only available for certain states, similar to wine.com at times. Excited for the offer, as my 1st offer was for 2017 and I passed on the vintage. Hopefully with today’s purchase, I have an offer for the 2018s.

I was also surprised no mention until this thread.

I think there was still VHR in stock at wineaccess until this afternoon.

I am going to pull the trigger on a ‘14 and another ‘16 three pack.

As for finding it on secondary, I would rather pay the extra $5-10/ bottle, help them directly, pad my future allocation, and oh yeah get the free shipping. That right there makes it a better deal imo.

I’m curious why they are offering the 2011s at a slight premium to the other library releases. Anyone have any guesses? I understood 2011 was not a great vintage in Napa but maybe it was a great bottling at VHR?

They were okay, but you could tell it was a weaker vintage. Scored my last bottle 93 points.

‘14 vintage with a three hour decant is dee-lish.

Yah, I knew this was too good to be true when I got the email and only been on the list for a couple months. All of these bottles can be had in the secondary market at the same price or lower. I was going to buy the 2016 but it’s so readily available I might as well just buy it in 5 years if I want to drink it.

I thought the same. My guess either storage costs (oldest vintage being offered), or maybe there’s less bottles to go around given the poor yields from the vintage.

There were other older vintages priced the same at the '11. I think the price differential began with the '14s in this offer.

Sign of the times. Back vintage direct from the winery with free shipping. Brutal times for the wineries with On-Premise completely dead. Hope this helps them out in the long run. Incredible wines…

But why not sell at/below retail? Or at least at.

Premium for provenance

Quite agree! I opened the 2014 this evening and it was absolutely singing with 3-4 hours of air! Paired amazingly with NY strip. champagne.gif

fyi for VHR fans
I posted a 3 bottle lot on CC

2-2012
1-2016

All in perfect shape and bought directly from the Winery

When I first started visiting CA wine country in the 90s I was told multiple times that wineries don’t discount on-site or direct sales because they don’t want to upset their major distributors or retailers. Not sure if this is legal or business practice. Others may know better than I.