TN: 2001 Trimbach 375eme Anniversaire Frederic Emile

my God, this is even better than it was before. Full of lemon, peach, apricot, all texturally bound in a great package with great acidity and drive, a stunning FE that’s for me neck and neck with Clos Ste. Hune in this vintage. The 375 refers not to bottle size but the years that Trimbach has existed. I imagine 2026 will be great with the 400eme. If you own this, no rush to open, but why wait?

Thanks Alan, I love his bottling. It seems like the slightly more jovial sibling to the 01 CFE, both being fantastic. I have not broken into my paltry '01 CSH stash, but am loving this and the CFE.

Thanks again

This wine has always been on my hit list as a long Trimbach fan and I never seem to find the opportunity to chase down these specific bottles. Then again, the auction market scares me. Thanks for the note, it sounds like an experience. You bring up a great point about the 400 coming ahead. That’s not too far away in reality. Easier to plan ahead than chase lost time.

01 my fav…is there a diff between the 375 and reg 01 FE?

yes. More intense and dense. Another level up.

I also love this wine. In a zoom session I asked Jean Trimbach whether we’d need to wait until 2076 for the next Anniversaire, and after a slight pause he said that the 2016 vintage was so good that they made and planned to release a 390th, probably next year.

cool news. I think it comes from a specific plot usually in FE. Not sure, though.

Always been a great wine Alan.

IIRC it’s all Gaisberg.

Great showing on this last summer. So loaded and intense. Amazing wine. Wish I had more.

It seems like far from a guarantee that 2026 will be a good enough vintage to provide the materials for an exceptional wine. It would be a better idea for them to simply release a special bottling in extraordinary years rather than seeking out “round number” vintages.

champagne.gif champagne.gif

Oh, was that your bottle ? [wink.gif] Thanks! I hope you have more.

[cheers.gif]