TN: 2013 Sleight of Hand The Archimage (USA, Washington, Columbia Valley)

• 2013 Sleight of Hand The Archimage - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley (7/10/2020)
    Day 1: Very nice wine with raspberries, soy, earth, floral and dark chocolate. Medium finish and balanced. 92 points
    Day 2: Coming together even better than day 1. Fruit more prominent featuring blueberries, raspberries and plum. Also floral, mild soy and chocolate. Medium plus finish and overall nice complexity. One of the better SOH wines I have sampled in some time. 93 points
    Day 3: A bit tired from day 1 and 2 with some sour cherry, earth, funk and chocolate. Just lacks the intensity of day 2. 88 points
    Recommendation: Best on day 1 and 2. Probably one hour decant and should drink well through 2024. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for posting the TN. I don’t buy many BDX blends much any more so it’s nice to see how they are doing. The Archimage over several vintages has surprised me for how good it can be both young, with lots of air, and with some age on it. A higher percentage of Cab Franc in the blend allows it to show its stuff. Cheers

We just got back from Walla Walla and of course we visited Tracy at Sleight of Hand. Always our favorite stop in Walla Walla. Our son Paul always loves the records that they play. Ziggy Stardust / David Bowie is his favorite and Tracy graciously played it for him. She was pouring the 2016 Archimage. It was drinking very nicely and we picked up a few bottles.

Tracy is awesome, as is really everyone involved at SofH!