TN: 2005 Domaine Chevalier Père et Fils Corton-Rognet - FINALLY an '05 to enjoy!

• 2005 Domaine Chevalier Père et Fils Corton-Rognet - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Corton Grand Cru (7/12/2020)
    Finally! An '05 that is expressive and somewhat living up to the hype of that vintage in France that we were all sold upon release. Firmly in its secondary phase, this wine is very expressive aromatically, floral, sappy, lively red fruits. Darker profile on the palate, and tannins are rather resolved, but still some acidity showing strong. Very long finish. Only concern is the color, which appears only slightly more advanced than I’d guess for an '05, but the wine doesn’t seem to have too much advancement in the glass. While we all wait for our '05s to actually do something…enjoy this one!

(Opened to celebrate the start of our anniversary road trip in Santa Barbara - photo taken from our room at the Bacara Resort in Goleta)

I was always worried about 05…but I have have opened two wines from this vintages…
Clos des Chenes, Lafarge
Clos de la Marechale, Mugnier

both ready to drink