2018 Rivers-Marie Cabernet Offer

Excited to try these. New on this list and the Pinots were/are amazing. Looks like the Herb Lamb is a special wine from cellartracker notes. How many are people usually allocated? I would only buy 2-3 max. Any scores yet on any of these?

The 2020 Rivers-Marie Summer Cabernet Sauvignon offer will go live on Tuesday, July 21st at 9:00 AM PST. As in the past, this release is via email only. At the time the release opens, you will receive an email with a link to the offer and your log-in credentials.

The offer:

2018 Rivers-Marie Napa Cabernet Sauvignon – $75/btl

2018 Rivers-Marie Calistoga Cabernet Sauvignon – $90/btl

2018 Rivers-Marie Panek Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon – $110/btl

2018 Rivers-Marie Lore Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon – $135/btl

2018 Rivers-Marie Herb Lamb Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon – $135/btl

I cannot wait to see the tasting notes for this! Has anyone been able to get out to taste the 2018s yet? I don’t recall seeing any tasting notes on Cellar Tracker. I missed out on Herb Lamb in 2016, and look to right that wrong this go around. Though I did get 3 Lore, trying to hold of my last bottle, to get some age. Always a great value for their Napa Cab, the 2017 was really good, I felt.

Nice. Pricing appears to have held.

Not certain on allocations but I vaguely remember everybody being offered everything initially, and certain bottlings vanishing quickly depending on demand.

I have been a buyer the past four vintages (sans 2017), and they always meet expectations. It’s nice to drink a TRB wine without the $150+ price tag. Jeb Dunnuck rated these wines and gave them all 94++ ratings.

If you like TRB, then you will like these wines.

Yah in 2016 looks like Herb Lamb sold out in a day or two. So no guaranteed allocations?

If you are looking to buy 2-3 max, I’d suggest a Napa, Lore, and Herb Lamb. But that’s just me. OR 2 Napas, and either a Lore or Herb Lamb.

I’ve consumed 2 bottles of 2016 Lore so far, and it’s a serious cabernet. I am going to sit on my last bottle and let it age a few years, because I think it’s got the structure and fruit to improve.

With that said, the Napa cab is great young, and it can also age a bit, but I haven’t had the restraint to let it get much past each release. I think I’ve already consumed my 2017s, it was just as good as Becklyn 2017, and perhaps a hair better than Quivet 2017, for me at least.

Oops – that Calistoga is a typo. It is $95/btl.

There is more Herb Lamb this year v. 2016, I suspect it will last a little longer. The one that will see the most pressure is the Lore.

I was gonna buy 2-3 HL max; maybe 2-3 of each? I dunno, I have so many de negoce’s coming and they 1/5th the price and I have no storage room.

Ah, got it! 2-3 each, is great, then you can try some on the younger side, and age a few too.

I always find the Panek a great bottle as well. One of those can’t go wrong offers…

Charles, I totally agree. Last year I bought 3 Paneks, and have blown through 2 already, and it was my first year buying Panek. It’s a great bottle of wine (even in a tougher vintage), can’t wait for 2018.

The Calistoga is highly underrated, imo. One of my favorites every year it’s made, and perhaps the best value in the portfolio (perhaps because it is a single-vineyard wine labeled as an appellation bottling).

An every-year buy for me.

Great, so the answer is “buy everything”. :wink:

Is the Calistoga sourced from Larkmead?

I was scheduled to taste with Will this Saturday but the Rona got in the way.

I hope they don’t sell out before I get a chance to put my order in. [stirthepothal.gif]

@Will Any insight on number of bottles from each vineyard?

Yup

Always one of the best releases of the year. Will be logging in early.

Hmmm, I didn’t get the email! Will, any issues with the list?

Last year I was allocated 2 Lore, 3 Panek, and 5 Napa if I recall correctly. I bought all of them. Look forward to stocking up on what I can of the 2018s.