Domaine de la Cote 2018 Release

Surprised I have yet to see any discussion concerning DDLC’s recent 2018 release. Isn’t this supposed to be good juice? Have yet to try, but tempted to pick some up, especially with the purported quality of 2018 pinots.

I have trouble keeping track of all of Raj and Sashi’s projects at this point. it seems like Raj posts about a new wine release like every other week.

I actually meant to start a thread yesterday but…well, didn’t. I grabbed the 3-pk of La Cote, Bloom’s Field, and the new SKU. Bloom’s Field is usually my favorite, mainly because it’s so much more approachable in its youth and La Cote can be pretty austere. But I love these wines and when I tasted barrel samples of the '18 last year, I was blown away.

I don’t like that I can’t buy the wines I want. I have to buy pre packaged groups of wine that I don’t want. I will not shop that way.

I’ve found that people here aren’t a big fan of Raj & Sashi.

I believe he has only 3 + 1. Sandhi / Evening Land / DDlC + Raj Parr Wine Club (Where they do lots of micro production stuff.)
I’m a fan, I spent “Black Friday” last year tasting through a bunch of RPWC, Sandhi wines and met Raj. flirtysmile

Yeah that’s one of the things I thought was a bit strange. After I tasted @ DDLC last year, only thing available was mixed 3pks or 6pks. (Maybe a case but I didn’t ask)

How incredibly strange. They’re fantastic people.

I meant to say big fans of their wines lol

All these years later, anyone else other than me still put off by the whole IPOB thing??

I read about how people were put off, but I am not familiar. I only got serious into buying/drinking early last year with a Chanin BN Pinot. That sprung open Pandora box which included a brief read about how IPOB which appealed to me as I was never a fan of the hot/bold/full bodied wines and instead enjoyed a more acidic/fruit/balanced one? (At least I think I lean that way.)

Chanin lead me to The New California Wine by Jon Bonné which mentioned IPOD/Raj/Hirsch etc.

Old thread, but I just got my wines last week. Decided to open their new cuvee ‘DDLC’ for T-Day, and it’s bonkers good. Savory, mad floral, and complex. Cellar it a few years if you have it though, it’s going to grow into a real thing of beauty.