Carlisle Summer Pre-Release

I was waiting for a post on this but never saw it so figured I would start my own!

I’m sure a lot of people here take their full allocation, but those who have to be a little more diligent with funds, what wines are you loading up on? What are you skipping?

For all- what are you most excited for?

I’m trying to decide how to fill 1 case so need to be smart with what I chose!

Folks started posting in the Carlisle what are you drinking thread.

I went in for 16 bottles. Papera, Pagani, Mancini, Two Acres, Radiant Ridge, Rosella’s.

A mixed half case of Papera, Mancini and Rosella’s. Wasn’t planning on the latter but Mike’s note on it was convincing.

Just Papera and Pagani for me…no room and Bedrock next week

That sounds like a great selection! I’ve got to limit mine a bit this year just due to going heavy in 2018 Napa Cabs, but Mike’s wines are always so solid.

I’m usually a lot heavier in total number of bottles, especially for Carlisle. I’ve been fortunate to be able to drink down some storage space the last few months. Carlisle, Bedrock and Turley always are good volume buys for me but I have been trying to get some age on them and that takes a LOT of space. Good problem to have.

I like their Zins the best.
Took a mix of Mancini, Papera, and Pagani.

This is one of my favorite releases each year. I kept myself to a case but had a very hard time “kicking out” a few bottles I really wanted. Ended up with Mourvedre, Two Acres, Rosella’s, Radiant Ridge, and the always magnificent Papera Ranch and Pagani Ranch.

I went for a mixed case: 2 X of all the Zins (I am a Zinfandel bigot, and I was inspired by the 2014 Monte Rosso that I had the evening prior.), 1 X of the Grenache, the two Syrahs and the White Blend. I didn’t realize until after placing my order that the white blend, called “The Derivative” complements the red blend. called “The Integral” that I bought last year. Newton, Liebniz and Riemann would all be pleased.

Yes, I will, probably be doing it again next Tuesday for the Bedrock release.

I took a six pack of 3 Rosella’s, 2 Mancini and 1 Papera. My wife prefers Syrah and I like them both. Way too many excellent offers hitting within a two week period.

I jumped in for 18 bottles. Papera, Mancini, Pagani, Rosella, Mourvèdre.
I’m still fighting space issues but I have several months to create some space. [cheers.gif]

Used to buy 2+ cases each offering but with kids in college have to be more selective. I’ve been buying since 2002 so I limited to favourites. Two Acres, Rossela’s, Papera and Pagani. Wish I could go deeper.

This is my 6th vintage buying Carlisle and I did the same. The SVD Zins are the stars. Opened a 2015 Papera last night to confirm and was not disappointed.

It was easy to by three of each of the four zins and call it quits with one case.

I always buy some of each zinfandel Mike offers. I am also a fan of the Two Acres blend, particularly with some age. I have no storage space left, and a huge amount of Carlisle (and Bedrock) on hand, but I remain a buyer (just in smaller quantities) as it truly is our “house” wine, so to speak. We seem to drink more of these than anything else, especially when I have guests.

This is my first purchase of Carlisle, and can’t wait to try them! Have heard so much great feedback from this site, that I had to give it a whirl.

Here’s my first order:

2 Grenache
2 Dupratt Zin
3 Papera Zin
1 Pagani Ranch

Put in a request for 1 Mouvedre.

I’m sure the Grenache will be ready to drink right away.

Anyone have any thoughts on drinking windows for the others? Definitely don’t want to open too soon.

Mike regularly updates a drinking chart for all his wines: Drinkability Chart — Carlisle

Didn’t the pre-release letter include drinking windows for each of the wines?

Yes.

I’m a first time buyer based on seeing Carlisle mentioned here quite a bit. I wish I had waited for this thread, had to guess what to get. Went with a little of everything.

1-Grenache
2-Red Acres
2-Rosella’s
1-Radiant Ridge
1-DuPratt
1-Mancini
2-Papera
1-Pagini
And 1 wish for the Mourvedre