Zoom with Jamie Kutch, Summer Release Tasting, with Zoom link for the recording

In support of Jamie Kutch’s upcoming release of the rest of his 2018 wines, I will be lending Jamie a hand by moderating a Zoom session with him. We will be tasting through the 2018 Trout Gulch Chard, along with the 2018 Pinots from McDougall, Signal Ridge and the Bohan Graveyard Block. We’ll also be taking questions, both about the new releases and other questions you may have for Jamie.

I have been buying Jamie’s wines since the 2009 vintage, and I also know there are a number of customers here on Wine Berserkers who might want to join so I offer this post to give you all the opportunity to Zoom with us.

You can join the ZOOM tasting on Thursday, July 23th @ 5pm PST / 8PM EST by connecting via the following link and password.

Launch Meeting - Zoom Password is: Pinot

Look forward to seeing some of you on 7/23.

I forgot to mention, in the spirit of our WB Zoom culture, please feel free to open a bottle of Kutch and bring it to the event if you like. Thank you everyone.
20190726_152111_HDR.jpg

I’ll be there - sounds great.

Great excuse to open a Kutch pinot. I am in.

I can’t wait! I’ll be opening an 07 Kanzler…see you then.

Thanks for setting this up Frank, I’m in! I have been on Jamie’s list and buying since the very beginning. Just fabulous wines across the board…I’ll pick out a favorite bottle to open that night, it will be hard to decide which one!

Paul

I’d love to take part in this but I can see two potential issues:

1. It’s my anniversary and while we aren’t going out, I very likely need to cook my wife dinner around 7pm CST.
  2. My wife doesn’t like Pinot but LOVES Kutch Chardonnay…and we drank our last bottle two weeks ago…

We’ll see…maybe I can make something work.

Okay, see you then.

T,

It will be recorded so in the event you miss it live, it will be available after the fact with a link.

And thank you Frank for suggesting and taking the lead here. I appreciate it greatly my friend!

Best to all…

Jamie

Appreciate the interest everyone. This will be the first Zoom I have supported where we have a focus squarely on new releases. My hope is that it gives you some data points about how you can think about which of the new releases appeal to you. As a consumer, this kind of info helps me, so I assume it can do the same for you.

And, I also wanted to support Jamie, and his efforts like so many, to just get through this time, and find a way to link people together surrounding a winery/winemaker that perhaps you already support. For me, Jamie is as much a winery I buy from as he is a friend of mine. We can all find ways to rally for each other right now–this is one way I can do something to help.

For those who don’t know Jamie or his wines, you too are encouraged to attend.

See you this Thursday.

Frank, I am beyond grateful!

Looking forward to it.

I am also looking forward to this. Considering whether to open a ‘13 Falstaff or a ‘14 McDougall.

2016 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay is in the fridge.

Wish I could for sure, but have a conflict that evening that I can’t work around. Grateful that it will be recorded. I should think about popping a pinot, though…maybe a 16 SC

Pulled a 2011 McDougall for the event.

Good to see you folks wanting to rally up and attend, thank you. Look forward to some fellowship and wine talk with Jamie on Thursday afternoon.

Looking forward to meeting you Frank…I’ve admired your wine selection for quite a while.

I’ll be there! Thank you for putting this together [thankyou.gif]

I’m gonna refresh the event on my IG account now, plus with Jamie hitting his mailing list with the event, as well as thread here, I’m hoping for participation that brings in a variety of people. As a reminder, the link and password are in the first post.

We’re gonna structure the event similarly to how we have done the previous ones, but I am going to encourage some Q/A during the event. I say this because Jamie plans to do a short presentation on each of the four plots of the upcoming release: Trout Gulch, Bohan Graveyard, Signal Ridge and McDougall. So, Jamie will be able to take us more deeply into the plots, using photos and comments to help you understand the differences, and you can pose some questions real time. We’ll support this too by tasting these 4 wines so you’ll get those data points to go along with it.

Enjoy the event and see you a little later.