2007 Louis Latour Chassagne Montrachet Rouge??

thoughts anyone? unknown provenance. on casemates today for $270/case

why? Pasteurized wine from a long underperforming domaine when so much better wine exists at similar pricing.

Why? Curious…I’m not buying but some people are. Or are thinking about it. So thought I’d ask in a spot where people know more than me. See, I got your thoughts! :slight_smile:

Pasteurized wine? Kosher mevushal is a (terrible) thing, but I don’t think that’s this…

“There’s been some ongoing controversy about Louis Latour’s red wines. These are all flash pasteurised by heating them to 70 °C for three seconds before bottling.”

which is 158 degrees Fahrenheit. And how long then to cool down? The wine is abused.

WTF? Wow.
If it was flash detente that’s one thing, but right before bottling with the finished wine?!

Sure sounds a lot like flash detente to me or a form of it.

Not a new article, but an older one confirming flash pasteurization. Louis Latour, Burgundy

The one benefit of what they do is that it should be less of an issue that the wine is of unknown provenance. The flash pasteurization is supposed to make the wine more stable, but who knows. The downside is the wine has been pasteurized.

unless things have changed, the wines are lacking considering the terroir enjoyed. I have to consider the heating to be a factor. Why isn’t it done elsewhere? How quickly are the wines cooled after heating? Where is the comparison between heated and not heated?

They’ve done this for decades, which is why the reds are far from highly regarded. Even his Cortons show that blunt “dumbness” all his lesser reds show.

The whites are another story…