TN: 2016 Dirty and Rowdy Mourvèdre Old Vine Evangelho Vineyard

• 2016 Dirty and Rowdy Mourvèdre Old Vine Evangelho Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Contra Costa County (7/21/2020)
    It took immense willpower to taste this over two nights. It would have been so easy to blow through it on night one. With that said, it was markedly better on night two. The first night it was more coiled, but still showed great depth. Tonight it was all the things I expected, savory, sappy, earthy, and not actually all that fruity until a cherry-tinged finish that had me going back again for the next sip. That savory richness aligned the sappiness screamed Evangelho to me. It’s why I love the vineyard, and this bottling from Dirty & Rowdy.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks, David! The '16 is in a nice spot right now.

But what’s on the menu?

The first night it was Mexican. The second night I had the last glass on its own.

By chance we also had this on Tuesday. (With perfectly grilled smoked chicken. My wife made a tasty rub. No BBQ sauce!) I also had it over 2 nights. The first night was like I always get from D+R: a very fun, friendly, fruity (name 11 words starting with “f” in 1 min.) drink that for the life of me reminds me of cool-aid. The second night the fruit had receded and it showed a lot of stuffing. Nice stuff!