TN: 2016 Kutch Chardonnay Sonoma Coast (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)

• 2016 Kutch Chardonnay Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (7/23/2020)
    Opened to drink while on Jamie’s Zoom-cast for his fall release, this was identical to the bottle I had in January. Crunchy fruit, citrus zest, foundational minerality and brisk acidity all wrapped up tight. I let it warm up a good bit, but it stayed a little tightly wrapped. Will let my last bottle sleep a while longer.

Posted from CellarTracker

Wish I could have made the event last night. Nice note and very similar to my take on the '15 a couple months back. Trying to leave the last two alone for a bit.

Kutch makes my favorite new-world Chard. Really, it’s one of my favorites from anywhere.

Could not agree more!

My favorite domestic Chardonnay as well…there seems to be a trend here.

Sadly, I drank my last bottle earlier this year. Here is my review.

• 2016 Kutch Chardonnay Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (4/5/2020)
    Consumed over two days; day one pop and pour around 60-65 degrees; straw in color, pale to a light golden hue; underlying nose of saline and minerals with more dominance from pineapple, lemon, and lime; secondary nose of banana and maybe some mint; the palate has a fresh crispness in every sip; green apple and lime zest in the forefront but a laced citrus-creaminess behind it all; wonderfully fresh, mouth-watering acid zip in every sip.

Day 2 was served maybe 10-15 minutes after pulling from from the fridge; this is more lemon now, almost like a lemon drop with the sweetness up front and then the sour pucker when the acid kicks in on the backside. Perfect for my taste.

As long as I can remember, temperature seems to play an important role to me in how I enjoy Jamie’s wines, both Pinot and Chardonnay. I tend to enjoy them more on the cooler or almost cold side. These are low ABV (12.5% for this one) so it’s not about muting the heat but rather it just brings forth more acid and zip to the fruit which is what I appreciate.

Posted from CellarTracker