Candidates for a sticky (threads, not sweet wines)

A humble suggestion to management. It would be great to have a thread pinned to the top of Wine Talk in which we could paste links to certain threads of recurring interest. I am thinking about the modern/trad bdx, cal cab and barolo threads, the “best can under $50” threads etc. Sure, I could poke around for them using the board’s half-assed search function, but I think it would be great to have a single place to find those grand repository threads. They go dormant for long periods of time because, well, out of sight out of mind, but if they were pinned to the top of the board, they might get even more useful.

Thoughts? Candidates?

For sure. Some other recurring topics to link:

Best value/off-the beaten path Burgundy
Climate change
Recommended wine shippers/movers for wine cellars
Favorite ‘x’ producer/region under ‘y’ dollars/bottle

Exactly. The HoF thread could have gone in that direction but naturally took a different course

What about that WILLIAM KELLEY Thread?

That way he can keep dropping knowledge for half of each thread page and you and Robert A. can banter for the other half :slight_smile:.

Could be useful but it’s a lot curating type work for the mods.

I agree Neal. I suggested adding some of these to the Hall of Fame thread and a few got added - like the traditional vs. modern Bordeaux thread and the barolo thread you mention. Wine Berserkers Wine Talk Hall of Fame Thread - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers Maybe instead of adding a new pinned thread, the Hall of Fame listing could be divided into two subsections - (1) the types of threads of recurring interest that you are suggesting and (2) the funny, etc., threads that make up the bulk of the Hall of Fame threads.

It would be fine with me to have the recurring interest portion further divided into two parts - William Kelley and everything else.

There are some Loire Cab Franc and Bordeaux threads where Robert A. really provides a ton of useful information. Other than the fact that he does not like Burgundy, he has a surprisingly good palate.

Oh, of course, I care about their high-quality wine dialogue and excellent palates…

But, I also wish to mock them. Chiding them for having such a good time is fun. Particularly as they are such kind, enthusiastic people. Everyone loves those two, and I am no different. What, I should only mock them in a private message? I object, sir.

Also, they used a CHiPs reference. CHiPs!

This should be in there: The New Paradigm For Barolo? - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Is bottle shock real?
How much are you paying for DRC.
Where can I find more Keller.
Kermit Lynch is ripping me off.
Store X shipped my wine when I told them not to.
Wine-Searcher lies to me.
I hate FedEx and/or UPS.

[rofl.gif]

. . . but you neglected to include “Basil Pesto Wine Pairing of the Week”

I LOL’d. You’re so a millennial aren’t you.

Your excitement about Basil is very heartwarming, Jim. I’ve never seen a man in such relationship with Basil. It’s honestly delightful.

Many of these to me are the types of threads that Neal was referencing when he said that the hall of fame sticky took a “different course.” It would be fine for there to be a thread listing these types of threads if that is what people want (in fact, this is what the hall of fame has become), but I would hope that it would be very separate from the type of sticky that Neal is describing.