Haskells sale on JJ Prum

I wanted to share that Haskell’s is having a pretty good sale on a few older JJ Prum bottles. The 07’s and 03’s are on sale for the most part. It’s not crazy low, but lower than all the other places I have seen especially on the 03 Auslese and the 04 Spatlese. However, the 04 Spatlese that is $29.99 doesn’t seem to be in stock. I ordered a bottle and they called and said they didn’t see it in stock. It’s still on the site so maybe you will get lucky, but I don’t think it’s actually in stock so I don’t want to tell everyone to order that one. The 07’s on sale are a good price as is the 03 Gold Cap. If you live in the area or don’t mind paying shipping take a look. Just thought I would share.

PSA:

If this is the place in Minnesota, I bought a mixed case of back vintage Prum from them in 2015 (vintage 2004) and several were leaking, had signs of poor storage, and were quite advanced for what they should have been. If this is not the same place, please disregard, let me know, and I will pull my post.

Address is MN

This is definitely a place in Minnesota. Maybe that is why the prices are decent. This is my first ever order with them so I will let you know how it goes. They are holding until better weather so I will make sure to post on here when the bottles are received. Thanks for the heads up. If anyone else has had issues with them I will delete my post. I don’t want to point anyone towards a poor deal.

Go into Haskell’s during summertime; it’s not cool.

I no longer buy from them.

If you live here locally they will refund your money. Would not recommend any out of state purchases on older wine. As others have said terrible storage. Vertical storage for 15 years never seems to go well with wine.

I remember some years ago looking at older CNDPs they had, and doing some cursory googling on them, and realizing I should just walk way. There should be no shortage of warnings on their temperature issues.

Also I could swear some years ago there was a long thread here of someone who had stored their stuff at the store (!) for years and ended up with tons of cooked wine. Maybe I’m misremembering the store or the thread, but it was one of those where everyone chimed in and said that was the last place they’d ever consider storage from…

Same store Arv, I stored some wine there for a few months but that post was by another member.

I distinctly remember that thread. It was about Haskell’s. Their storage conditions are insultingly bad.