“Wine Influencer” Charlie Fu featured on a podcast!!

Fantastic interview with our esteemed colleague Charlie Fu, as a ‘wine influencer’ on XChateau podcast!!! Fantastic interview, worth your time

Time to get that blue check on Instagram

What the Fu**?

deadhorse

The mod who should have been fired [smileyvault-ban.gif]

[rofl.gif]

I listened in to some of this podcast. The most interesting “takeaway” for me was that Charlie’s first exposure to wine was to very good wine, let’s call it ‘fine wine’. I think this had a big impact in both attracting him to exploring wine, but also in forming his perspective of what wine can and maybe should be. It spoiled him! In a good way. A lot of us started with just OK wine and it took a while to find our way to fine wine.
[cheers.gif]

Good point…but the ‘ok wine’ was so much cheaper…should have stuck with that!!!

Touché !

P.S. I am a “Wine Influencee”

I have to say, I don’t generally even like Rhone wines, and I have three bottles of Xavier Gerard sitting in my cellar because Fu talked them up, so I’m right there with you, Jim.

I’ll make sure to forward this to Lyle so he can tune in.
[snort.gif] champagne.gif

This needs to happen. There’s wine… and then there’s @clayfu.wine.

He influences me, so that has to count, right? :slight_smile:

But which way does he influence everyone?

Damn it… he influences my wallet b/c if there is a wine i like and he talks up, i end up paying more in future vintages!!
[soap.gif]

Lol…too true!

This is the high quality commenting I need on this forum.

Most of the wine you want is wine i have been hoarding already ;p.

DE7ABCB8-6788-43CB-81C0-6137E9E7C190.gif

Same, AD. Same.

I looked at this Insta-face thing and saw a closet full of Krug Boxes and said nooooope don’t need to see this every damn day, thank you very much.

Not a problem for me - future vintages of Verset are staying the same price.