2008 Allemand Reynard just sold for $378+tax at K&L

Mind blown. That’s the highest price I’ve seen for post 2005 Reynard…

I thought the 2008 was usually the cheapest. Someone trying to complete a vertical no matter what?

Offers on the current vintage have been going out at @350, and this auction price is generally in line with retail. I’m guess I’m having a hard time getting too exercised about this in that context, especially since the Reynard is (imho) the best wine made in the northern rhone.

Just because it’s offered at $350+ at retail doesn’t mean a lot people are buying it. I’ve been buying 2006, 2011, 2014 in the past few months for significantly less than that…

What’s your point here?

Wow…there are couple on Winebid now fetching high prices, but don’t seem to be garnering early bids…yet.

Clearly someone is buying it, based on this purchase, is my point. It’s not a shocking price, especially given what we’ve been seeing at HDH recently.

Out of curiosity, are Reynards really that much better than Chaillots?

In my opinion, yes.

+1.

I mostly agree, but this is not to say that the Chaillots isn’t really good in its own right.

early on yes, i think with age it narrows a bit but reynard is still da champ

imho not — maybe the best Cornas

Charlie, did he make sans soufre in 2003?

he did not.

Except in 1998 IMO

Thanks. Wondering which 2003 that Winebid currently has is. No designation. Just Cornas.

No separation of the climat in 2003.

Thierry opened a bottle of this when I visited in 2015.
It was very good and surprisingly vibrant considering the warmth of the vintage.

in 2002 and 2003 he didn’t bottle anything but a straight cornas. The SS bottles are pinkish red in color with flowery lettering, they don’t look anything like the other allemand label