Turley bottles finally slim down

From Tegan’s Instagram.
I’ve heard more than a few times that Dr. Turley absolutely refused to ditch his Rubenesque bottles. Don’t know what was behind the change, but I’m guessing it will be welcomed by many here.
D5CE5293-9171-4751-88B1-C82A57C87979.jpeg

1 Like

And wine rack companies everywhere rejoice!!!

1 Like

Taller…

1 Like

1 Like

Wow!
(Who knew changing a bottle shape could make me so happy!)

This is indeed a welcome move.

Looks like the new bottles start with the '19s, and the upcoming release is the '18s, so another year to wait?

Finally some good news brought about by COVID!

1 Like

I believe they trimmed them slightly awhile ago, as the bottles from the last decade or so seem to be slimmer than the ones from the 90’s early 00’s? They fit in my racks…but still snuggly. Glad to see them trim them up even more…although they are an iconic shape.

On behalf of zin lovers with limited storage space everywhere, thank you, Turley!!!

3 Likes

Mash’allah!

1 Like

Yes! I’m soooo happy right now. Is this real?

If you regard their winemaker as an authoritative source, then yes.

1 Like

Turley just got me back as a customer. Although I’m not a huge Zinfandel guy, I do enjoy many of theirs quite a bit. The old bottles were just too damn irritating, though.

1 Like

Those at retail thank you. They might actually fit amongst the other Zins!

1 Like

I rarely take issue with packaging, and I really don’t here per say, however it will be nice to not have to wrestle them in to a bin. I picked up a bunch of Mead Ranch, I think they actually fought back.

1 Like

I’ve had to put them in magnum racks. Where a bin should hold 4 now only holds 3 Turleys.

I wish more wineries would get that message. I buy Moe Ayoub’s wines and the bottles are huge and heavy. Also increases shipping costs.

1 Like

I’ve only recently found this site, so this is my first post.

Big fan of Turley (Zins in general) so a little disappointed they “conformed”, but understand why. I had racks built to accommodate their bottle size, but the new look doesn’t appear to be a problem for me!

3 Likes

Interesting regarding the bottle size…I have 2 Le Cache fridges (purchased in different years). One takes the Turley bottles no problem, the other, no way I could get them in even with a crowbar.

This is awesome—Literally just posted a couple minutes ago sarcastically that, ‘The best way to maximize shelving space is to not store any Turley’.

Looking forward to more space down the road!