Suggestions for purchase/delivery in Manhattan

I’d like to send my sister-in-law some champagne for her upcoming 30th birthday. She lives in Manhattan (Chelsea) and I’m in California. Does anyone know a good place in the area that will deliver to Chelsea, preferably by Friday? Thanks in advance. [cheers.gif]

they have a decent selection and offer free local delivery…

Chambers St, Flatiron, Crush and Astor also have good selections and deliver. They don’t necessarily deliver to every neighborhood every day, but I don’t think you’d have any problem getting a bottle delivered by Friday. Flatiron and Manhattan Wine Co are the closest to Chelsea, and hence might deliver faster.

Add Morrell, Acker, to the list already below. All have delivery mins. There a ton of stores in manhattan that are still delivering usually around 250, 150 may be 129 for flatiron for free delivery - you could always pay for delivery also. Just choose your wine and start calling since Friday is soon. You can use web searcher for selection. There are a ton of indies and local wine stores in manhattan, Brooklyn and boroughs that we didn’t mention since champagne can mean a lot of different brands and price points to many on the boards. The ones mentioned were the many but not all of bigger Fine wine shops. But there Plenty of local stores like 67 wines, barrel and oak, vitry, Le du, etc. along with good ones in Brooklyn that will all deliver that may have all their wines on site so its easier to access and get delivered. Poster about local delivery is correct look for wine stores near where your sil lives you can get wine delivered. Another option is to check with the store and get a gift certificate.

So many places deliver it might be easier to decide what Champagne you want to give and choose the store that way.

E.g., are you looking for a big name, a grower, for a specific price range, or for a specific Champagne? Different stores will be better for different choices there.

Flatiron basically in Chelsea and they have a good champagne assortment.

Www.grapesthewineco.com delivers to Manhattan.

You could try MCF Rare Wines (on 13th St). Small collection, but carefully chosen and they deliver in Manhattan in a day or two. If you call, you’ll probably get Matt (the owner) on the line, he’s very nice to talk with.

+1 Flatiron

I’d use them. Really nice store and close

Great store. But they delivery to Manhattan only once a week, currently Monday.

Thanks everyone! Preferably I’d like to get her a magnum (or two) <$200 as her and some friends are chartering a sailboat this weekend. I don’t think any of them are serious wine drinkers so something crowd friendly will work. I’m leaning towards getting her a couple Charles Heidsieck - Brut Champagne Réserve NV (1.5L) $99 or three of Perseval-Farge, 1er Cru Brut Réserve - NV (1.5L) $65. Any thoughts on these?

Big fan of the Heidseick wines. They’re going from strength to strength

FWIW, I had a rather sketchy experience with them, though it was quite a while back. I purchased a bottle of a hard to find wine (Roumier of some sort, if I recall) and approximately weeks later they wrote and said that they did not have it. It was a while back and I’m glad others have better luck, but, as should be obvious, left a bad taste in my mouth and of course I ceased to shop there.

Manhattan wine Co…
Great customer service!

I’m sure she will be happy with what you choose. My friends bday was this weekend and she’s a slight but not too big a wine person and she had a Laurent Perrier. Personally, for non-wine people I tend to veer towards Dom, Cristal, Pol Roger and Comte. I’ve heard good things about the Laurent Perrier Rose. Morrell’s also has a bunch of birth year wines (champagnes they stick to NV and good champagne years)

For wb wines, I did notice that Chambers has Marguet Rose. Morrell has the Marie Courtin Efflorence on sale. After looking at a few of the sites, MWC, Flatiron, and Chambers are a bit niche. I stick by my recommendation of Morrell, not sure about the delivery - you should check. I have heard of generally good service. It is a name store as it’s in Rockefeller Center and the packaging will be nice. Good luck whatever you get and wherever you choose - I’m sure your sil will like it.

I forgot, Morrell just had a sale on 2008 Charles Heidsick last week.

Drizly might be a good option as you can just search the wine and see if places that deliver have it. Otherwise there are some solid sites already mention. Flatiron wine and Astor Wine are good bets.

Empire State of Wine has the Heidsieck magnum for $85 plus tax and a delivery fee.

Better to shop directly with the stores than via Drizly, Minibar, et al.

You’ll end up paying much more on Drizly (most stores tend to just raise their prices by 10-12% two cover the Drizly fees).

Skip the middle man and support a local business directly, not Drizly’s VC backers or the Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America (one of their other backers).

Heidsieck would work just dandy for them. 1.5, while fun, might be a tad unwieldy on a sailboat.

If you get jammed up with delivery (it really shouldn’t be a problem, especially if you order from a store in the general neighborhood), pm me and I can pick up and drop off for you, as I live in Chelsea and I am home through next week.

This for sure. Buy direct, avoid third party sites. You can also check on Google maps for stores closest to her address, but most stores out of the area will likely still deliver free if it’s over $150.