Wine Commercials

I dunno. This is not a rant nor complaint; maybe just an observation I’m curious if other have noticed a pattern on…

In the last two to three weeks, whether its targeted marketing on my new cut-the-cord YouTube TV strategy, or blind luck, I seem to get a steady flow of Meiomi wine commercial; at least once a day if not more. Three today which is a lot I’d think as I work my ass off during the day and actually don’t watch much TV weekday until evening.

Maybe I do traverse the same stations as a creature of habit. Then again I also know that for an entity like Google… I have tastes they can’t help but market to or advise others to such an effect. It also could just be that Meiomi wants to be Yellow Tail 2.0 in marketing and they are going there.

Anyone else notice either an increase in wine marketing or maybe something targeted?

I’ll be honest, there could be other brands flashing across here and there in the wine space that don’t register, and Meiomi for some reason is. I just can’t recall the last time I actually noticed a concerted effort

I’m all for some to make a buck, however wine has never been Budweiser that way. So it does grab my attention when it sticks out.

Constellation seems to spend TV money on Woodbridge and Meiomi these days. I don’t recall anything else.

I occasionally see Santa Margherita coommercials, and a few others, but I try to ignore commercials in general. I’ve always said “Never buy wine from anyone who can afford TV commercials.”

I’m seeing a LOT of NRA ads on WB which is weird for a WINE site.

Stop posting TN’s with descriptors like flintlock smoke, steely finish, and American barrels. newhere

The Meiomi ads have been really frequent the past few weeks …otherwise the only one I see is the Kim Crawford one. I’m on YouTubeTV too so assume Google thinks I drink crap wine.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing about my tastes; plus telling me that they really don’t know me as well as their petabytes of data would suggest.

Reading above, doesn’t sound like I’m nuts at least; there’s been a full court press most likely driven by alcohol consumption being through the roof with COVID. Noticed Kim Crawford too now that I think about it.

Schilling wine on TV just seems so tacky. Weird how I can’t wrap my head around that but most everything else is in play and fine.

Also a cable cutter, I see all the above plus Josh and not quite wine but Barefoot Spritzers.

Let’s face it, at least you aren’t getting ads for this!

Meiomi wine

The bear seals the sale for me! [cheers.gif]

I have seen some slick commercials promoting Kim Crawford. I remember when this was not a bad wine in the early 2000s before they probably multiplied the case production.

Constellation paid $300 million+ for the rights to produce and sell Meiomi. No vineyards, no land, no facilities. They have to move A LOT of this $4/btl bulk wine for $20/btl!

how to make world class pinot noir:

put a bear on the label.

They have to move A LOT of this $4/btl bulk wine for

As long as it is sweet any bulk Pinot will work. Wonder what else they blend into the wine?

Nothing will top Orson Welles’ infamous ads for Paul Masson:

Riunite on ice… nice!!

You can bet the farm that 25% of the blend is a cheap concentrate of some type. They make over 5 million bottles of this stuff every vintage and need to make it consistent tasting. At this volume, even a just few pennies saved on grape costs translate to big profits.

“A Pinot Noir that tastes like no other”
DUH!
[cheers.gif]