TN: 2017 Domaine Georges Mugneret-Gibourg Bourgogne (France, Burgundy, Bourgogne)

• 2017 Domaine Georges Mugneret-Gibourg Bourgogne - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne (8/6/2020)
    Consumed on a night with no power, no lights and not a lot of sleep the previous two days, so take this with a large grain of salt. I found the wine rather hard and unyielding. It gave glimpses of what I normally find in M-G Bourgogne, but just didn’t want to come out and play, even after being open a few hours. I was only allocated a few bottles, so I don’t want to go back to the well again very soon. Will probably wait several years before trying again. Chalk it up to another reminder that 2020 just sucks.

Posted from CellarTracker

Seeing Jeremy’s roundup of his 2017s reminded me of this post and might be the first I’ve read that a 2017 wasn’t open and ready. Drinking them, I can’t help but think that they would stay at least drinkable for their entire lives but I suppose not. Bummer, but at least you have something to look forward to in the future, with any luck.

bummer - the 2017 vosne is tasttttttttttttty.

I’ll crack a Vosne this fall.

Maybe 2017 is just not the right vintage for the entry level wines. I had two disappointing Bourgogne from reliable producers too.

Not sure I agree, 4 or 5 months ago I tried a couple of entry level wines from producers that I order every year and they were cranking, maybe they are shutting down?

Pretty sure that my bottle was a victim of lousy serving conditions.

Barometric pressure has a huge effect on how young wines in barrel present. That said, I doubt I’ve ever tasted a wine under your current conditions.

I hope you get both power and sleep back soon. And back to better weather also. Be well, and perhaps consider a bottle of champagne next? Might as well, and it’s as sure a bet as I can think of.

Power is now back on. Thank God for air conditioning. Champagne happens this week as Laura and I celebrate our 31st anniversary! champagne.gif

'grats!