TN: 2011 Coudert Fleurie Clos de la Roilette (France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Fleurie)

• 2011 Coudert Fleurie Clos de la Roilette - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Fleurie (8/10/2020)
    Look back two years in CellarTracker, and you see people saying “drink up.” Well the wine always gets its say, and it says “hold my cork.” This is in a beautiful spot, but nowhere near any kind of downside. The dark fruit and earth tones are deeper than Buffalo Bill’s basement prison hole, and the structure maintains a present, but subtle grip. It’s robust enough to stand up to a sausage and peppers dinner, yet resolved enough for another casual post-dinner glass to glide down as effortlessly as a water park slide. Really impressive, and a nice reminder of how good this wine can be.

Posted from CellarTracker

I literally just opened the 2018 of the same wine tonight. I obviously opened it up way too young, much too tannic for me but certainly was a mouthful.

Have always loved this 2011. Loved the vintage, too. All my faves performed very well. Thanks for the check-in. I have quite a bit of the Roilette cuvees left.

Did you have a friend for dinner?

I really disliked my first two bottles of the '18, as they were way too ripe for my taste. I’ve buried the rest in the hopes that it will come into some kind of form but am not particularly optimistic. Would much rather have bottles of the '11!

[cheers.gif]

The '17 is drinking nicely if you like them young. But it was better on day 2 (refrigerated in between).

Drinking another bottle right now with a savory dish of Cuban Picadillo. A delicious wine. Glad I just bought more in that Crush offering.

Somehow it’s been years since I bought this wine. Need to get a bunch. Soon. Need some more unbridled Beaujolais joy in my life.

2014, 2016 and 2017, in that order of preference, are really fine. 2015 and 2018 are worthy buys, but keep in mind, these are big wines. Love the 2014.

I don’t mind the bigger vintages.