TN: 2015 Domaine Roulot Bourgogne-Aligoté (France, Burgundy, Bourgogne-Aligoté)

I normally travel to France several times a year but this year it has not been possible and to be honest I cannot imagine that changing any time soon. This obviously sucks, big time, so I’m left reminiscing my past travels by drinking wine that takes me to places. This bottle does not take me to Burgundy but instead Lac d’Annecy where we spent a couple of days last summer. We decided go on a drive around the lake and towards the end we found ourselves in Talloires, a small town/village that once famously possessed as many as seven Michelin-starred restaurants and as such had more stars per capita than any other place in France. Nowadays it is surely best known for Auberge du Père Bise and it was in this restaurant’s pleasant boutique where I locked my eyes on this bottle. At 25 € it is cheap for a Roulot and considering all the freebies (mostly sweet treats) we got to try there this cost practically nothing. If one goes to Annecy there is a whole lot to see but this place is definitely worth a visit if nearby.

• 2015 Domaine Roulot Bourgogne-Aligoté - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne-Aligoté (11.8.2020)
    A most wonderfully classic, neutral nose of lemon, grapefruit, yeast and slight lactic notes. On the palate relatively rich and airy with moderate acidity but with this awesome tanginess that goes on from the very beginning all the way until the lingering finish. It also has this slight bitter quality that I think only adds to the whole. This is not a complex wine but it is clearly finely crafted, as classic as it gets and immensely drinkable with impeccable balance.

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice post. Seems most anything Roulot puts his hands on is great.

Seems so, including the fabulous apricot liqueur. Although the 2016 Bourgogne Blanc seems to receive a lot of hate (partly made from grapes from places like Chablis and Mâcon, I believe).

The '16 BB is just not that good, tough year. I do dig the Aligote, too. Thanks for a nice note, Ikka.

Thanks for the note! Frankly I think this wine is good, but nothing special. There are other aligotes I would rather drink. That said, I have only had the 15 and I wouldn’t be surprised if other vintages are a step up in quality.

Unfortunately I have a bottle of the 16 - thought I was getting a good deal too. Well, there is a few positive notes on CT among the disappointing ones so we’ll see.

I’d say in a vacuum it’s a decent bottle of wine, but it isn’t up to the standard of other Roulot BBs

It’s a shame as I loved the 2014 and 2015. Oh well, at least I will not be approaching it with too lofty expectations at this point.