TN: 2015 Ridge Geyserville (USA, California, Sonoma County, Alexander Valley)

• 2015 Ridge Geyserville - USA, California, Sonoma County, Alexander Valley (8/12/2020)
    Open in bottle for 2hrs…to go with some smoked short ribs…70% Zinfandel, 15% Carignane, 12% Petite Sirah, 3% Alicante Bouschet…inky dark redberry fruit in color…gorgeous nose of red licorice, dusty barrel spice, wood smoke, raspberry jam, a menthally rich compost. The palate is in perfect balance already…deep and exotic liqueured berry fruits…brambly, yet with a nice sheen polish…dusty white pepper, oak spice tannins…lifted with tarted cherry skin acidity…really LOVE the brightness of the cherries and raspberries in this…nuanced tobacco wrapper…Chateau Rayas came to my mind? One of the best young Geezer’s I’ve had to date…and one that will age out brilliantly for probably the next 20 or so years. (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Buzz is back in the saddle… Great to see! [cheers.gif]

Nice comeback Buzz! Great note. [cheers.gif]

Figured a Zin might be just the ticket to get the palate up and running again.

Sounds like you’re back in shape. Glad to see it.

Thanks gents! It’s good to be back! [drinkers.gif]

If Geyserville smelled like Rayas, your nose is still messed up!

Good to have you back drinking wines and posting notes, Brian! I am always looking to backfill 2013 and 2015 Geyserville as I think both of those vintages are outstanding.

Ed

I bought a case. The first bottle I tried, about 9 months ago was tight as nails. I don’t intend to open another one for at least three years. With older Geezer in stock, I think it is a waste.

Really glad to see you back at it Buzz!

I’m glad to see you’ve recovered and your exuberant reviews back in action Buzz!

Well done Buzz, welcome back!

Everyone knows Brian is not fully back until his median score is a 98.

Beautiful note announces “I’m back!”

Awesome seeing your note, my friend! So glad you’re back - but Rayas? That’s some high friggin praise . . .

Cheers!

Great to see the note. Welcome back!

Only a 95?! You sure you’re all recovered? [wow.gif]

Welcome back Buzz and thanks for the note. I had pulled this one to take on our lake trip. I gave it a 90 minute decant and it was outstanding. I might give it the nod over the 13 at this stage. I’ll leave the rest alone for a few more years and pick up a few more.