New Wine-searcher.com interface

I really like the new wine-searcher interface. I like the introduction of more tabs opposed to a data dump on the main page. The individual drop down menus look cleaner too.

The new (i think it’s new?) set alert for price trigger points is pretty cool too.

Overall a nice revamp of the page. Everything looks cleaner.

Yeah, it looks cleaner, newer, fancier. But it sucks. A LOT more work to accomplish what I used to accomplish. Nevermind, found the “list” view, which helps a lot. Still, have to click through a lot more pages to see things than the old interface.

If you could set preferences I’d like this better, but I agree, this version is more work

Admittedly, I’m a change-resisting curmudgeon. The old interface was relatively primitive, so I can understand that they want to make it prettier. But as someone who worked on user interface design for decades, I also value efficiency.

what are you seeking that you can’t find immediately? I don’t see anything different from the initial page that we used to have

It came up initially in “tiled” mode. Soon as I saw you can choose “list” view, that improved. Just saying that the increased height of each list entry means you need to scroll through double or triple the number of pages for something that has a lot of hits. Other little things. Like switching between world and USA requires two menu clicks, not just one. Haven’t played with it enough to see what else, might be some good things as well.

Funny someone posted this today. I was going to post yesterday that the updates were less user friendly than the last version. The analytics tab is possibly the only one that is better now, also maybe ratings where you can see more. It went from 3 tabs to 5. Same information is taking up more space. The offers page is the worst since that 2nd column takes up a lot of space on the shipping info and you may have to scroll more on the first page too. (Is there a classic view like there is in ct?) Yes, page is esthetically more pleasing with the shading, problem is the data is taking up more of the page per item. The likelihood of scrolling more on the offers page is high. I feel like the set alerts was there before.

+1 that it’s a straight clickthrough to the actual wine sellers page.

I didn’t know they changed things until I saw this thread, so I checked it out for a few minutes. I like the feel of it, I like that there are tabs and hot links to other layers of information. Did a search for Fevre Chablis and came up with what I usually get, but in a different display, plus a bunch of other stuff to click on for added info - Green and Flinty wines anyone? This stuff may have been there before, but I never found my way to it. I can see that some may find the new interface overkill for what they are looking for, but I I like it. FWIW

You can change it back to classic view.

Where do you see that?

My only issue with either view is the inability to select preferences. I never want auctions included; I’d like to kill that view permanently

thankfully there is an option to filter out the market place pre arrival offers which annoyingly clog up searches

looks like it was designed by engineers, not designers. i feel for them.

Click on your name after you’ve searched for something.

Wonder what WS was thinking. Clicking on your name to change views isn’t very standard and not intuitive. Experimenting, I was initially unable to find this ability to change view modes. I found the slider bar option doesn’t come up repeatably, which suggests there are some instances (maybe cached) that aren’t fully propagated.

Agree with a lot of previous comments that the tile view isn’t really ideal, and requires a lot more “work”.

I really sort of hate the big tiles that show up on the top of the screen and keep moving until all have been displayed. Very distracting.

Other than that I think it’s just a matter of getting used to it.

Your login in the top right that you click on to change things like, password, preferences, etc has been the web standard for many years.

changing settings through your account is pretty much how every program is done though?

I suppose “standard” wasn’t the right word. I prefer a dedicated “Settings” button although I have seen it within the user link.

Upper, left, just above the first vendor in the list, there’s an “Offer type” menu, which allows you to deselect auctions and marketplace vendors. Unfortunately, that selection is not permanent.

Thanks, yes I saw that. Just wish they would make the preferences sticky, like they do for the national or state searches