Yikes!

I came across this note in CT this afternoon. I won’t identify the wine or the writer just in case he/she is a Berserker and I don’t want to call anyone out by name. This to me just about pegs the “pretentious meter.”

-----------begin text-----------

• translucent reddish purple

there is indeed some pink and grape bubblicious on the nose, along with tart strawcherry, a medicinal note more common to northern rhônes, some animal funk, alfalfa and muddy boot leather. also heat.

palate jumps around like a skittish muddy colt bolting through a marion berry thicket then flying thru a cherry tree, and bucking you into a pond, where floats a bit of hay soaked in moonshine.

Persistent finish of tart raspcherry, heat and edible flowers maybe.

This wine is young.
Hope the marion berry and loam win the steeplechase.

The non-pinot drinkers liked it better today and tonight. No complaints—disappeared quickly—and much more going on than within and without the 45 dollar la crema sonoma coast nearby-but also more volatile.

Saved a bit in tumbler under saucer might report back.

better with food - or a drink in u.

93+
hold

I always like my “hay soaked in moonshine” taste.

Sometimes I think these are TNs entered while intoxicated.

Stop making fun of Alfert, guys.

The loam reference made me think of him too but it lacks his self-referenial calling cards (Owlman, country lawyer, etc.).

champagne.gif

Eh, while I find more plain and systematic notes more helpful, I enjoy that this is different and that the writer had fun being more creative. If this is how the wine made him feel, I don’t see anything wrong with the note.

Confess

Lol. Those TNs remind me of the South Park Yelp episode, where Randy Marsh and Gerald Broflovski wrote the most cringeworthy reviews while thinking they were world class critics.

haha, I was thinking someone would think that I was low key standing up for my tasting note. However, while I’m sure my notes aren’t for everyone and can certainly use improvement, this was not authored by me! Hey, at least it’s better than “Drank with Jan”

If I wrote a TN like that I have definitely gone around the bend…

“here is indeed some pink and grape bubblicious on the nose,” I don’t know how to interpret that…

But that’s what makes TN’s so great…we all have our own opinions…

Oops, aren’t everybody’s ?

If Alfert didn’t tell you he biked today, are you even really alive

If this had been Alfert’s note he would have already commented on the thread 6x, with at least two of the comments referencing his looks, that Nick is attending Bama, and his Range Rover, plus a bonus comment about the dog. When he mentions all of the above in a single post, the first one to type “Bobby Bingo” wins WB for the day.

New updated bingo cards have something about the beach house and fishing.

I prefer the moonshine minus any hay.

Seriously, (?!), are we sure that isn’t some kind of joke? Nobody really writes like that, sober or drunk. Has the author other notes in similar vein?

Have you never read an Alfert post?

I browsed some of his/her more recent notes and this is very much in line with the others. Here’s another from a couple of weeks ago:

———————————-begin text

Out of wood from a pal from ChampagnE…
[Both of thEm] [Zut! Tous Les Trois! The vine, the buddy and Le Bois!!

Pale pink salmon.
Very fine bead for 95 minutes and a cappuccino mousse for 25 seconds per pour. [Wine is noticeably strengthening in ten martini minutes, THANKS GOD

First out of A Custom Crate gifted me-- and A Very tasty wine. Better than the o2 DP Straight Rosé, (which, rather oddly appeared more Luminous in a Reidel Chard. as I recall…

Strawberry/Rhubarb Shortcake on the nose.
Her Yellow Rose Aromas increase with air and I’m off to see Texas, fake tits and bigger hair…

Red Apples, strawberry yogurt, nectarines and one half baguette with flint and sugar and (the good sort of) attic dust. Roses and Raspberries increasing and the attic dust phases into a more sweet cellar mildew (the kind of which you want more increasing, and the Flintiness is resolving as white pepper and clam boil or wet limestone and

Dom gets the Mousse and the 2002 Vintage as well as Salon, imho. (That is exceeding hi praise Par moi…)

Find under Four Bucks and Be Glad,
Cue the Big Hurt, “And She will Be, Too!” [WINK]

95/96

Props for using “steeplechase” in a tasting note.