Retailer Check - Hyde Park Gourmet Food and Wine in Cincinatti

Anyone ever bought/ordered from them?

Man, it’s been a long time, but back in the day, they used to get a ton of great/cool stuff. I was out there last April, but didn’t get the chance to stop by. Wife and kids weren’t interested.

This may be a bit of conflict of interest but I have been there innumerable times, poured wine there, done dinners with the shop and so on. Evelyn is a powerhouse. She loves wine. Truly loves it. Her shop is a throwback to older times. Tiny, packed, other gourmet stuff going on and has great stuff all over the place. I have purchased wine from her over the years and had wine shipped from there as well. 100% recommend.

I’m having a field day with the way out of state retailer recommendations this week!!!

Thanks Jim and Ian!

Ah well. They don’t ship to NJ.

If anyone is in Ohio they have 4 bottles of 2015 Alzinger Steinertl Gruner at a good price.

I personally was looking at some of that Grossmann wine…
https://www.hydeparkgourmet.com/product/muller-grossmann-groser-satz-kremstal-gruner-veltliner-2017/

Never seen that before.

When I lived in Cincinnati, I used to shop there.
Great place.

I can echo Jim’s recommendation for Hyde Park Gourmet. They have collectable wine you will not find anywhere else due to the owners long standing seeking out and offering of this type of wine. I know the owner personally and she is very honest and will deliver on what she offers.

Because the store is in Ohio, a three tier state, pricing can be high on some wines. I have no experience with this wine but $50 Gruner is not my idea of a good value.

I do have experience with the wine which is why it is my idea of a good value. Though only if you let it age.

Funny, I just walked by there 2.5 hours ago after eating nearby. Wanted to go in and check it out but they are only doing pickups.

No shipping to NY either, even with your own label.

Hey Cincinatti beat the hopeless Vikings so it must be a winner!