Pott 2018 Napa Valley Cabernet Release

So many great releases, here’s another! Tuesday, August 25th

Aaron’s tasting notes for the 2018:
Blackberry pie, cherry, crushed strawberries, black currant, violets, cigar tobacco, coffee, cedar, steak and plum in the nose. Rich attack of cherry, black currants, boysenberry, dark chocolate, beautiful balance and weight while remaining fresh and nimble with beautiful fresh acidity. This wine is rich without being too heavy with silky, supple tannins Lovely integration and wonderful length with plum, black licorice, cherry and violets.

Just went from “only two more releases” to “ok…only three more releases.” Anyone else looking forward to this one?

I love this winery, so I am happy!

I will pick up a three pack for sure. Love these wines for the price point…

Definitely grabbing a 6-pack!

Def grabbing a 3 pack as cellar defenders…

Never had anything from Pott, but interested. How does this compare to Myriad/DI CO?

Since I haven’t yet had Myriad / DI CO (getting in on DI CO soon!) I cant compare. However, Aaron’s style, to me, is one of “big balance.”

Full disclosure, the above is based off of experience with Quintessa and Blackbird. I’ve yet to pop my Potts as the other Pott-made wines I’ve had benefit greatly from a few years in bottle.

With email changes I fell off this list but really liked the wines.

IMO, one of the best winemakers in Napa county. Prices climbed a bit, and I don’t drink that much Cab, but I’m a great admirer of the wines.

Signed in today and my allocation was live [cheers.gif]

Anyone have feedback on the Pott SVDs?

Galloni was particularly fond of the Kali and commented it was one of the best wines he had tasted from Aaron, but other than that, I don’t have much.

It has been a strange buying season with the stellar 18 vintage, COVID, and more sensitivity on budgeting/prices, so I am undecided.

The Cab is lights out. Always is. He and Chris Carpenter at Lokoya are the best Veeder Cab winemakers around.

Agreed, among his sourced wines in 18.

Just submitted my order on the advice of Roy (He threatened me with violence!). Btw-Claire is a class act!