Six Figures Wine--New Field Blend Project

A little plug for a new project. The group includes Rande Feldman and Aaron Cherny who do Source & Sink wines, which my company Massanois, sells. This is a commercial list and I have no affiliation with Six Figures. The first wine is a 2019 field blend that includes 46% Sangiacomo Merlot. Six barrels produced. Offer goes live 9/9

check out their IG account as well @sixfigureswine

[cheers.gif]

I got to the curse word in their introduction and immediately stopped. Absolutely unnecessary.

Shades of Tres Comas tequila from “Silicon Valley“, which is awesomely now a real thing.

Mark,

Interesting feedback. I think that’s a generational thing.

Marc,
I guess this is another reason to get myself into that show, which I have not watched!

Possibly. But totally unnecessary. It doesn’t sell any more product, and if he is trying to show he is an authentic dude, I don’t want the buy the dude he wishes to authenticate.

Some background on the joke: Diageo Launches Real Tequila Tres Comas Based On ‘Silicon Valley’ Joke

What’s the price point on the wine? To me, it just seems like a heckuva challenge to sell a merlot-based field blend from Sonoma Valley. If they can, more power to them.

Also, a question for those who know more than I do. The wine is called a “field blend”, but the marketing text refers to multiple vineyards. Can one have a field blend of multiple vineyards? I thought (perhaps (very likely) incorrectly) that a field blend all came from the same vineyard (field).

Marc,

I haven’t asked about the price point in private and it’s not on the website so I guess we will find out when the offer goes live. I also can’t say for certain it is not a single vineyard wine, but I agree they are playing a little loose with the term if the varieties are all sourced from different vineyards. The website lists it as a Sonoma Valley wine.

Agreed.

The lack of a price point is frustrating.

For a bunch of sots, you act like prudent teetotalers. If any of you whingers who are complaining about the F-bomb starting the second sentence have EVER dropped the F-bomb yourself (and I’m sure ALL of you have), then you’re a huge hypocrite.

How about a rousing round of “GET OFF MY LAWN!” from the crotchety fogies? neener

Alan Eden…is that you?

Cheers! That’s an honor. [cheers.gif]

Cursing is dead at retail.

In all seriousness, it doesn’t turn me off. Then again I work in the construction industry so I’ve become a bit numb to such things.

TW

That, sir, is a proper tribute to Alan. champagne.gif Hard hat or nigh, you’re a true gentleman.

It’s not the F word itself that turns me off. It’s the (all too common) concept of a wine created by and for marketing. The use of the F word suggests to me that these are a bunch of self-impressed jerks who think they’re clever marketers by creating a hipster concept and keeping everyone in suspense about the price. We’re supposed to think, sight unseen, that this wine is a gift from heaven. Sounds like they bought some very random fruit (or lots of wine) and are trying to create a brand.

F*** them, I say.

What turns me off is a web site that tells me a bunch of guys I’ve never heard of are debuting with a kitchen-sink blend, and they want me to sign up for their list just to get info.

Exactly!

Is this a real field blend…as are all those varieties being grown in the same field, or are they just mixing them after harvest? Big difference.

Like snow to Eskimos?

Oh don’t get me wrong, I won’t be a buyer. It just won’t be for the curse words.