Turley 2018 Fall Release

Just came out. Very excited to try some of these wines as I have heard for quite some time that the 2018’s are incredible across the board. From reading the descriptions in the Tasting Notes, I’m going to have to show some restraint from buying more than my wallet should allow. [cheers.gif]

No email yet and don’t see the allocation link when I log in. You may have earlier access than I have. Looks like I have to wait for the next wave.

Monday 31st for me.

When did Turley go to Waves? I’m August 31 as well, and been ordering from them for years. I guess even though I order every time, I don’t order enough?

I don’t have access either, but I can now see the Tasting Notes for the Fall 2018 release, which I could not before.

I guess I can start planning my purchases now…

Didn’t see any tasting notes. Will be loading up on OVZ and as much Ueberroth as they will sell me though [cheers.gif]

Go the Members Tab.
Scroll down to the Newsletters and Tasting Notes section.
You should see “2018 Vintage Fall Release” as the first selection (or, at least I do! [cheers.gif] )

Link was out last night for me. I placed my order, and showed very little restraint. Allocations appear to be up due to Covid (my words, not theirs). for example, I usually get allocated 2-3 bottles of Ueberroth. This year I was allocated a full case. 16 different wines in this year’s Fall release. Dabbled in just about everything, but leaned heavy on Pesenti Petite, Ueberroth, Hayne Zin, and OVZ.

Thanks Mark. This release is going to be incredibly tough to show restraint.

I am also in the next wave, apparently

No email yet, but I signed in this morning, and ordering was open.

I purchased the Hayne, Library, Pesenti Petite Syrahs. Short of a full case, but with wish lists, hoping to get to a full case.

I was hoping for Zampatti Zin which I think was available this release (??), but was not offered any (or given the opportunity to wish list).

Order in for 1 case.

OVZ, Ueberroth, Salvador, Hayne Petite Syrah and Whitney TN.

Looked like Zampatti was wish list only on my offer.

First time getting an offer from Turley as I had never signed up for their list before: in your opinion, what are their can’t miss bottles?

thanks and happy drinking!

It does kind of depend on what you like. A sampling of several might be a good way to start…

That said, the Hayne’s (Petite and Zin) are considered their signature wines (and most expensive).

At the other end of the spectrum, Old Vine Zin is an inexpensive choice that most people really like.

In between I personally like them for their Petite’s so focus my buying there. But others will note a love for various single vintage zins.

If you like the Turley style these are can’t miss Zins. I’ve had each of the earlier two releases of 2018 zins now twice and they are among the best Turleys I’ve had. I can’t comment specifically on the wines in this release as I haven’t had any of them but I imagine that they continue the trend from the earlier releases. And don’t discount the $25 Old Vines. It and the $20 Juvenile are not just great values but are uniformly good and can be great. I ended up buying way more than I need.

For me, Ueberroth and Pesenti are the most consistently good ones, and then the Juvenile and Old Vines blends are great value for the dollar, plus great crowd pleasers and gifts. Hayne is the most elegant and ageworthy.

Got the email. Can’t get to the order page.

Strange! I tried 3 different browsers, Chrome, IE and Firefox. None of those worked. I got in on my phone.

i had to use a link for last years offering

I give Turley credit for responsiveness. I sent them a note and they got back to me in under 30 minutes.