Favorite QPR wine under $25

What is your favorite QPR value wine right now under $25?

I’m currently enjoying the 2019 Gewurztraminer Cuvee Traditional from Navarro vineyards for only $16 bottle ($13.75 when purchased by the case). Hard to beat and great for the summer heat!

Here’s the under $50 spreadsheet to get you started. Note the pricing on the left is based on the cheapest I can source that bottle in Colorado. You can sort from low to high for things under $25.

1 Like

The Tablas Creek slate of White Rhone varietals. Great values IMHO.

Muscadet.

Most way under $25

Drouhin Pouilly-Vinzelles and Bedrock Ode to LuLu, judging by the multiple cases of both we crushed this summer.

Bedrock Old Vine Zin is very hard to beat for $20, especially the 2018

Vina Alberdi

Bedrock CA Syrah

Textbook Cabernet ~$24 Napa

Lafage Narassa ~$14 Grenache/Syrah from Cotes Catalanes

Landskroon from Paarl, South Africa:
Chenin Blanc ~$11
Pinotage Rose ~$10

I posted these suggestions in a similar thread you might want to take a look at.Favorite sub-$20 wines that are widely distributed? - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Red
-Montepulciano d’Abruzzo (e.g. Fantini,Masciarelli) ~$10
-Substance CS Cabernet Sauvignon ~$15
-Seghesio Sonoma Zinfandel ~$20

White
Pine Ridge Chenin-Viognier (off-dry) ~$12
Paul Buisse or Chidaine Touraine Sauvignon Blanc ~$15
Fevre Champs Royaux Chablis ~$20

Keller Limestone Riesling

1 Like

Ed Kurtzman periodically offers Sandler sampler packs (currently 2 are up on the site). $25 a bottle, shipping included. QPR meter is maxing out at that price.

+1 Drinking my fair share of Pepeire this summer.
And Pieropan Classico is a good summer bottle under $20.

You can get some really great German Riesling Kabinetts for that price.

1 Like

Any recent vintage Jouan Coteaux Bourguignons @ $25
'16 Leitz Rheingau Trocken Alte Reben @ $20
'16 Chateau Grand Village @ $20
2015 & 2016 Bibbiano Chianti Classico Riserva @ $25
2015 & 2017 Niepoort Lagar de Baixo @ $25
Luis Seabra Xisto Illimitado Tinto & Branco @ $25
2018 Niepoort Redoma Branco @ $23

1 Like

Really enjoyed this the other day:

Ghiomo “Lavai” Barbera d’Alba 2018 … $15.99

1 Like

Some of my recent buys at that price point that I enjoyed:

2015 Thibault Liger-Belair Bourgogne les Deux Terres $25
2018/2019 Frederic Esmonin Gevrey-Chambertin Clos Prieur $25
2017 Mongeard-Mugneret Bourgogne Hautes-Côtes de Nuits Les Dames Huguettes $27
2018 Jean-Claude Ramonet Bourgogne Blanc $28

Heyyo! Great to see another Navarro fan! I bought a case on their email special and had a bottle on the porch a couple of weeks ago on a hot afternoon and it was perfect. Tried to go back and buy a couple more cases, but they were sold out. Great QPR!

The Navarro rosé (from Grenache, I think) is a super value too.

Recently my top values have been the 2017 Macons from Domaine Renaud, but they seem to have sold out. I’m working my way through my remaining bottles.

If you take it up a notch to $30, every single wine from António Maçanita’s Fitapreta lineup. The most creative, firmly AFWE stuff coming out of Portugal today (and from the Alentejo, no less), terrifically varied and thought provoking, with hardly any costing more than 25€ (the entry levels being around 10€ - the white is my current absolute favorite in that price range). I prefer some of the bottlings to others, but every single one of these wines is intriguing, in concept and realization, and I have no doubt the prices would soar if a sufficient number of people abroad catched up on them: 25€ is already considered premium pricing over here, and the wines are selling just fine AFAIK. Sadly for him, and fortunately for consumers like me, António isn’t the savvy, well traveled marketeer that Dirk Niepoort is, nor does he have such a historic brand behind him.