Sojourn Cellars Sold to Angelina Mondavi . . .

Wonder if and how things will change.
. .

Https://www.sfchronicle.com/wine/article/Wine-scion-Angelina-Mondavi-acquires-15518606.php#photo-19872290

Wow!

Congrats to Craig!

I met Angelina at a charity tasting in January where she and her cousin were pouring Flat Top wines. She was nice and very passionate. Her inexpensive wines were very real, not sugared up or manipulated. I’d say that she’s a star on the rise with the acquisition of Sojourn.

Is this the winery we never ever talk about?

The only real change is the facility change - Sojourn will be going into the original Ravenswood property about 1/2 mile from the Sonoma Square. Killer location.

When renovated this will be a fantastic opportunity for Sojourn to combine the winemaking, offices and new super fancy hospitality center under one roof. Everything else stays the same, same fruit sources (all of our 16 fruit contracts are multi-year evergreen), same winemaking team for the last 11 years led together by Erich Bradley and Randy Bennett. Angelina on winemaking point with the Ravenswood Estate vineyards under Harrow Cellars, among some other vineyards. Two winery projects, one roof.

Oh, and we’ll need a bunch more staff for sure!

Sounds great Craig! I’ve been enjoying all of your wines having just “discovered” them the past few years. Had a trip planned this summer to visit but had to cancel :frowning:

We plan to visit next summer any ideas on timing for moving to the new place?

Congrats Craig!

Congrats Craig!

No. That’s <deleted by moderator>.

Philip G. -

Good question on the timing. We’re all meeting next week with the architects and designer teams to get the balls rolling on the winery renovations so wine can be produced there in 2021.

Be in touch on the other construction plans as they develop.

The Sojourn Tasting Salon on the Sonoma Square is open now and will be open for the foreseeable future - hope to see you when you make it into town. Please drop me a line when you have your travel plans lined up.

See, that’s funny because he pretended to say the name of the winery, but since we never ever talk about it, he made it look as though the moderators removed it.

champagne.gif

Congrats Craig to you and the entire team ! Sounds like an awesome combination that makes a lot of sense.

Oh, I get it now. newhere

Congratulations Craig, will look forward to tasting when we can do that again.

Is this an inside joke regarding my post where I said “I notice that there is not much discussion here about Sojourn Cellars”? Which is much different than “never talk about”. Or some other inside joke?

Anyway, I did a search and in 2019 there was 1 Topic with Sojourn in the title while there were 25 with DRC as the topic. Just looking for others who might want to discuss this winery on a wine discussion board! [cheers.gif]

Sounds like the tasting room will need new glasses…I got a guy…who is on the mailing list… :slight_smile:

Congrats Craig!

I apologize. I know Craig hates it when we explain jokes, so I explained the joke, which is funny because I know he hates it but I did it to joke with him. [cheers.gif]

Purely me goofing off with Craig, I apologize for any other harm done.

I’m sorry for pretending I didn’t understand until Anton explained it.

Congrats!