When Your Neighbor Asks if You Like Wine

I was watering the front yard of newly planted roses and lavender when my neighbor across the street called for me and asked: “Do you like wine?” Curiously, I turned around and replied “yeah, I do.” He’s never mentioned wine at all over the past year when we casually chatted every once in a while. He waved for me to go over to his garage.

On top of his white BMW’s trunk, was a bottle shaped much like a burgundy bottle and a wine glass. As I walked closer, my neighbor asked me, “What do you like to drink?” I replied, “Mainly burgundy, but champagne, bordeaux, rhone, and the sorts.” He chuckled and said, “Tell me what you think of this”.

And there it was: 2016 Dujac Clos St Denis. He poured me a generous amount.

Classic Clos St Denis perfume of fresh strawberries, bright fruit laced with spices and rose petals - a very CSD bouquet of flavors. On the palate, the wine exhibits a ton of structure, fine tannins, and a sweet, silky finish. Clearly enjoyable now but would benefit with a few more years in the cellar (as most Dujac CSDs would). With Dujac, you always get this sense of purity with weight which I love.

Conclusion: Always get to know your neighbor’s interest in wines . . . sometimes, your palate aligns and you get lucky.

Replace hockey with wine:

sad

1- I was your neighbor
2- and you moved away from me
3- and I got you into dujac & burgundy . =(
4. fortunately I found a better neighbor now [snort.gif] [snort.gif]

So you gonna hit up your other neighbors now? :stuck_out_tongue:

If you would stop killing babies, your neighbors would like you better. Fu’s favorite joke: What is red and hangs around trees?
A 2016 Dujac hit by a snow blower.

What is green and hangs around trees?
A 2011 Dujac 3 weeks later.

In some world someone out there would think you’re funny. But not this world.

What, you don’t like dead baby jokes? I’m sure in infinite worlds there is a Fu who has proper storage and isn’t overly concerned with being an influencer.

Get off his dick.

Well this degenerated quickly.

Nice “Dear Penthouse Wine Forum” letter. In the real version, it was at best Rombauer chardonnay, more likely Apothic Red.

When people ask me if I like wine they usually offer me their grandfather’s homemade port, or some other monstrosity.

No offense but, is he an avid collector? Or did someone gift him this and he had no idea what it actually was?

Yep.

Yes, too good to be true! We have gifted good medium level bottles of wine to neighbors as bait and not one has ever even led to further conversation On the subject.

You got one thing right there. I don’t like dead baby jokes. Thought you were woke?!?

Nice attempt at writing fiction. cheesehead

I went to a wake for a neighbor and her son in law had set up a pretty impressive collection of French wine geek / AFWE wines for people to help themselves. Totally astounding, considering that our block parties here are typically 16% Lodi or Sierra Foothill zinfandel type of fests.

The lovely departed lady had lived in her house for 50-60 years, and the kitchen was all original appliances! Avocado green enamel metal right out of 1962 GE catalog.

Dear Wine Talk Forum,

I have read the stories from Berserkers like Yuyuan and Arv, but I never thought something like that would happen to me. Boy, was I wrong.

It all started with the knock on my door from the delivery pizza place. I open the door, only to see the most gorgeous Italian American brunette standing there to deliver the pizza. As I stammered my thanks and fumbled for my wallet, her eyes caught the Eurocave located across my living room. She coyly asked if I had an appropriate rosso to pair with the pizza, and I said, why don’t you look through there and recommend something for me . . .

I’d be mowing the neighbor’s lawn every weekend

Yes, I mentioned wine to a work neighbor (lives/owns building next to my office, nice guy) and he said “you like wine? Wait here.” Brought out 2 shiners. “This one is a Bordeaux and this is a Ska-rah. My friends and I make 600 bottles every year at Jersey Shore”
Actually the Syrah (I assume) was at least drinkable.