TN: 2016 Domaine Pattes Loup Chablis Vent d'Ange (France, Burgundy, Chablis)

• 2016 Domaine Pattes Loup Chablis Vent d’Ange - France, Burgundy, Chablis (8/29/2020)
    Crystalline purity, with a bit of extra weight from the vintage. It still has a bright acid core to frame the lemon and stone flavors, with a touch of nut skin bitterness on the finish. It’s not so much a laser, but more a focused beam that covers the entire palate. Wholly satisfying.

Posted from CellarTracker

It is a lovely wine, and one that makes me want to try it in other vintages as well.

That’s no mean achievement for a 2016! The 2017 is very good.

Hard to source these wines, as Thomas Pico has been hard hit by the elements. Not much to go around.

I’ve been a fan of Pattes Loup for several years…it’s the “purity”. Increasingly scarce and expensive…not helped by the tariff and Euro valuations. I’m down to a handful of Chablis in the cellar which is sad and slightly depressing. Thankfully, Oregon is scratching my Chard itch these days, but there can be no real replacement.

RT

Sec wines in Portland, OR has some of the 2017 and 2018 available (with the outstanding 2017 on sale). secwines.com (no connection to me except as a satisfied customer)