TN: 2007 Domaine Francois Lamarche La Grande Rue

• 2007 Domaine Francois Lamarche La Grande Rue - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, La Grande Rue Grand Cru (8/29/2020)
    Translucent darker ruby hue. Dense but finely-wrought nose of red berry, delicately-chiseled alpine floral notes, cinnamon, faint earth, brier, and soy. Wonderfully silky, integrated layers of spicy red raspberry, mulberry, bramble, ferric notes, and fine soil on the palate. Massaging tannin balanced by vibrant acidity. Long, echoing finish of elegant mulberry fruit, earthy depth, and gentle sweet grip. A real beauty, with exquisite complexity, intensity, and detail. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Never had the ‘07 but ‘06 tasted many years ago was an exceptional wine, prompted me to buy a full case soon after. It was very affordable then…

Thank you so much for sharing this note. I only have one bottle of the 2005, so I’m guessing it will need another 10+ years…but it’s good to see a note, even if on another vintage.

Chiu,

I had a taste of the 2006 about 7 years ago and enjoyed it very much. It should be entering its drinking window relatively soon, so congrats on having a case! Yes these wines were within the reach of mere mortals at that time.

Kirk,

I have a tiny amount of the 2005, and like you I plan on waiting for a long time to take a peek. Ten years plus seems to be about right. I thought I’d take a gamble on the 2007 because of the characteristics of the vintage and it turned out very well.

Cheers,
Doug