2017 Domaine Guillemot-Michel Viré-Clessé Quintaine

This was my first wine ever from Domaine Guillemot-Michel. It was very impressive for the price. A very well balanced wine with beautiful rich flavors. Did not have the complexity or the finish of a premier cru from the Cote du Beaune, but then again it is only three years old and I don’t have any experience to know how long it will age and what it develops into with age. It did pass the #1 and most difficult test - my wife liked it. [cheers.gif]

Here’s one data point on how they age:

1996 Domaine Guillemot-Michel Mâcon-Villages Quintaine - France, Burgundy, Mâconnais, Mâcon-Villages (5/29/2016)
Terrific aged white Burgundy, if only my 1996 Ramonets and Sauzets aged this well, showing lemon, a little vanilla, a little nuttiness, with great sparkly acidity. (92 pts.)

Here’s a note, written last year, on the 2008 to give you an idea: “The 2008 Viré-Clessé Quintaine is drinking superbly today, bursting from the glass with an inviting bouquet of honeycomb, fresh peaches, tangerine, dried white flowers and iodine. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, satiny and enveloping, with an incisive line of acidity, a deep core and a long, precise and fragrant finish. It’s compelling evidence for just how well these wines age.”