Woodland Hills Wines Annual Sale- Old World day 1

I’ve bought from Woodland Hills in Southern Cal over the years. They have a great selection and usually good pricing. They’re doing their annual online sale starting today. 3 day run with Old World today, New World tomorrow and anything leftover on day 3.

Nebbiollo fans they have a good selection of 15 and some 16 Barolo and a decent amount of Prod Reserve Barbaresco at attractive pricing. Looks like some are moving fast.

cheers

Thx for sharing

1 Like

It is a good day when my favorite wines are on sale! Gangloff Serene Noir comes into the market and vanishes quickly every year.

Some really nice buys there. But wow, 2018 Thivin for $21.56! Case purchase!

2015 Baudry Clos Guillot, if you do not have this Chinon yet, at $25 is a steal. It was my fave of the 2015 Baudry line-up, the best Guillot that I have had.

This might be my favorite and most ridiculous sale of the year. It’s usually at the end of the year but they moved it up. Realllllly great prices.

Pierre peters reserve for 46 is great, grabbed a bunch.

Vilmart Grande reserve for 29, grand cellier for 51, and rubis for 49 should be case purchases for ppl who like those.

There’s also incredibly good deals for village and premier cru burgs from some slightly lesser known producers. Duroche 16 GC Clos for 55 a bottle I’d treat. Chevillon nsg Vv for 60/pop, felletig, Henry magnien, sigaut, y Clerget, bouley, all good deals.

I went back for a couple Baudry, and found some other great stuff. If anyone is looking to round out a case, the 2018 Do Ferreiro Cepas Velas Albarino is made from the oldest vines in the world --over 200yrs old. It is excellent and $44 is a great price. 2013 Gobelsburg Tradition Riesling for <$40 is insane as well.

It seems better than usual. I was surprised to see all of the '14 and '15 Produttori marked down like that. The Alliet and the Pelican(which just had a thread go up yesterday) were good for me.

Thanks Fred, I got some (very hard to find in Texas) Jacquesson and also some 2018 Thivin.

40 Kentucky wines in the sale and none from bdx

Damn, I’m kinda regretting those 34 cases of De Negoce wines right about now.

All the good stuff went quick. But still some good values and some old stuff in their Spanish section

López de Heredia Viña Tondonia Rosado Gran Reserva 2009

Thanks for pointing that out, I got some of each. The Grande Reserve and Rubis pricing were the biggest discounts (relative to WS pricing) of the three.

I also took the plunge on some bottles of the Pelican.

champagne.gif

Enjoy, i wish this came out a little earlier. Already very deep in 16 Barolo.

Cheers

You guys are killin’ me. There’s a reason I unsubscribed from WHWC emails. But the damage has been done.

Thank you to whoever pounced early. I was thankful when various items popped up as Out of Stock. I got out fairly unscathed with 1 each of Godme BdN and Rose, 2 Vilmart Rubis, and 2 2017 Huet Moelleux LM though I have to admit being tempted to blow serious coin on Mugneret Echezeaux.

Yeah, that’s a great price for the GR. I prefer the grand cellier of those two simply based on dosage but it’s a hell of a champagne for 29.

I bought the m-g echezeaux like 30 seconds after the email came out and it said they had 1, so not sure why it’s still listed.

Could be front end - back end reconciliation issue. I noticed some wines listed in stock like Monte Real GR 98 that popped up as Out when you try to link to the actual page. It probably would have happened on the Ech.