Had a wine moment tonight that I’ll never forget

So we’re sitting at the table chatting after dinner and I move my arm on the table and bump into my wine glass. Nothing new, I’m famous for spilling wine all over the table. It tips away from me and starts for the table. I reach out real quick and snag it before it hits the table and spills and pull it back up. The entire contents of wine sloshes out of the glass about 18” into the air and drops right back down into the glass without one drop spilling. [training.gif] Wish I could have caught it on video. It was a wine moment we’ll never forget.

This. ^ champagne.gif

That would have been the most epic slow motion video of all time.

18 inches? Me thinks you consumed a large portion of it prior to it leaving the glass. [drinkers.gif]

BigFish.jpg

Brian, are you mixing your “medications” again?

I once accomplished a similar feat with several glasses of single variety wines, except I caught the airborne in an empty Haut Brion bottle. The resulting blend was a dead ringer for the HB.
[tease.gif]

I wish you had the catch on video B; epic. [cheers.gif]

There were probably only 2oz of wine in the glass but I was seated at the dinner table and the wine sloshed above my head in height.

Honest injin! can I say that?

I bow to his greatness!

Baller move is to catch it in your mouth.

newhere

One day at band camp…

How about this one. We were at at byob restaurant in New Jersey. My friend bumped his wine glass and when he reached to grab the stem, the leveraged motion propelled or shot almost the entire content of his glass onto the back of a nearby diner (pre-COVID days). Luckily the “target” was good humored about it.

D’oh!

A couple of years ago I was on a transatlantic flight to Germany on Lufthansa. The seat behind me was empty, so I reclined my seat and relaxed shortly after takeoff. After a while, I noticed the serving cart coming down the aisle and I realized that someone had moved to the empty seat behind me.

I tried to put my seat back into the fully upright position during service to be courteous, but when I pressed the button, nothing happened. So I depressed the button and reached around to grab my seat back and manually pull it up. In doing so, I accidentally grabbed not only the seat back, but the support for the tray table for the seat behind me, spilling a glass of red wine that was resting on the tray all over the newly relocated passenger.

The result? The passenger’s all white suit was no longer all white and I learned some new German words that day.

Swirling is so passé now, you have to do The Tuite.

Late one night after too many bottles had been opened, a friend ran out of clean wine stems so he grabbed a Riedel martini glass for a pour from a young Bordeaux. He was standing in a narrow hallway with white walls and carpet when he gave the wine a vigorous swirl.

champagne.gif

I would pay money to see this. That sounds awesome. Great save!

One Halloween, a friend of mine made a Jack Skellington costume with built in stilts and skeletal and articulate arm/skeleton hand extenders.

The sequence went something like this…

1. Brand new house, white carper and white ‘flat’ painted walls…no gloss or eggshell or sating, straight up pourous flat white. Two story house with a semi-surved stairway, white carpet and same paint…

2. He found could ‘sort of hold’ a wine stem with his hand/arm extender, so he decided to go with it and was carrying a big old stem full of Groth reserve cabernet.

3. For jack’s footwear, he had spray painted the tops and bottoms of some other shoes so they would be uniformly black. His whole-head ‘mask’ was perfect, except for the tiny eye holes: very limited field of vision.

4. Nobody noticed the black paint scuffs on the kitchen tile.

5. He strolled though the dining area and living room, leaving a trail of black paint scuffs and footprints.

6. He decided to walk upstairs.

7. He is left handed.

8. With each step, he unknowingly sloshed his cabernet onto the stairway wall and some onto the carpet.

9. He misjudged the final step up and fell forward, finishing off the contents of the stem in a blood patter pattern and the walls and carpet…with a solid and classic ‘fan shaped’ spill mark from the glass as he completed his fall.

10. He didn’t tell the hostess, and he got a damp washcloth from the bathroom and started rubbing the walls with it. It looked like Jackson Pollock had a seizure while trying to paint.

11. Hostess found all this by following the trail of black paint marks.

12. Hilarity ensued, your imagination is likely to paint and accurate picture.

13. My friend met a woman at the party and after the party, they were sitting around and he described what happened and said the hostess had been a ‘effing b**ch’ about it, only he said the actual words.

14. He did not know his new companion was the hostess’ best friend, and she told on him the next day.

And that was one of the lesser crazy events of the evening.

Sorry for the thread drift, Brian’s magic act just reminded me.