TN: 2010 Fattoria di Fèlsina Berardenga Chianti Classico Riserva

• 2010 Fattoria di Fèlsina Berardenga Chianti Classico Riserva - Italy, Tuscany, Chianti, Chianti Classico DOCG (9/3/2020)
    Decanted 2 hrs. This is an easy note to write: Basically, textbook Chianti Reserva from a top shelf vintage. Dark cherries and a little leather lurk around the glass but it maintains great agility with its acidic edge on the edge of the tongue. Floral and sweet spices, refreshing finish. One of those wines that you are glad to have enjoyed it in its current state, but being my last bottle, ever so slightly bummed I don’t have another one to try in 5 years, lots of life in this one. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Dale, I agree. I had one a week or two ago. Great vintage for this wine. It is drinking well now but it also has lots of life left.

Dale, thanks for the note, appreciate an update. Not surprised you think there is lots of life left in this wine. I have not yet touched a single bottle of my 2010 Chiantis (nor the 2010 Brunellos for that matter).

Brodie

Glad to have a couple bottles of this left. Just had a 2010 Fontodi CC last night, which is also singing now. Zero danger of decline for the next 5-7 years.

I just had the 2006 tonight. No sign of slowing down. Excellent.

I still have a half case of the 10 left. If one hasn’t done so already, a case purchase of the 15 and 16 Felsina CCR’s is an absolute no brainer.

I need to pull one to try, thanks for the update.

FYI, the '16 regular bottling is outstanding. I checked in on it again recently. I’ve put some away, because I’m sure that has 10+ years of evolution ahead of it.

I grabbed some more on sale at $22 something a bottle a couple of weeks ago. Crazy good deal. I love to pair Chianti with a steak on the grill.

Amen. This wine was with a grilled NY on a bed of arugula, drizzled with a little balsamico and shaved parm. Simple paring, but so freaking good!

Your messing with my taste buds. I’ve had T bones the past two nights with a Barolo and an Oregon pinot. If it wasn’t for the fact that I have a pork shoulder in the crock pot (pulled pork), I might consider the trifecta.