Perchance Estates

Looks like a new Mike Smith wine project that was announced today on his IG page. I’m a sucker for Mike’s wines, so I signed up to follow their updates. After signing up, I received the below:

“Thank you for your interest in Perchance. We will keep you informed on release dates and allocations.

We look forward to launching the next great luxury wine brand of Napa Valley!”

I signed up as well, based on the Instagram post, odd website, not much info. But we shall see.

I love Mike Smith’s wines, but telling me that you’re trying to launch the next great “luxury wine brand” instead of mentioning the quality of the wine or fruit, or mentioning the winemaking philosophy, etc. make me cringe a bit.

I believe they’re using fruit from Beckstoffer GIII.

On the other hand, if you’re interested in Mike’s winemaking style and curious about what he can do with mountain fruit, check out Glorious Revolution (another new Mike Smith Cabernet debuting this Fall) from Diamond Mountain. I believe it’s his first project using mountain fruit, and when I tried it back in June, it was just bottled but already shaping to be fantastic.

Hi All, yes - TWO NEW PROJECTS for Mike Smith

Perchance Estates: Beckstoffer Vineyard Georges III Cab and Mcgah Family Sauv Blanc: https://www.perchanceestates.com
Glorious Revolution: Diamond Mountain Estate: https://www.grnapa.com

Both are AMAZING

Speaking of Big Mike and GIII, whatever became of 12C? I’ve had several vintages that I’ve really enjoyed from them, including a terrific bottle of the ‘12 last weekend. But I haven’t seen anything from them in a while and their website appears to be MIA.

Leah, can you speak to that?

Best,
Andy

Just signed up.
Hoping for flip city, baby!!!

This was a stretch for this year, but my wife encouraged me! I pretty much love whatever Mike touches, so this will be part of our most special section in the shelf.

I never signed up, but I received an offer due to being on the 12C mailing list.

I’m definitely not knocking the wine at all, especially as I’ve loved every Mike Smith wine I’ve had, but what makes someone buy an unreviewed bottle of Perchance GIII for $215 when you can buy two GIII offerings from Myriad for significantly less? Is it just curiosity? What am I missing?

I signed up and got an email for an allocation, but when I login to my account, it says I have no allocations available. [swearing.gif]

If money no object and some want to take a flyer, I guess. Pass for me .

I wanted to see where he could take it.

I never signed up but did receive an email with a link to an allocation. Except I followed the link only to find out I have no allocation available.

Is this the same block of G3 that 12C had? I can’t justify a $215 G3 wine unless I know it’s the best block that G3 offers.

I was able to put an order in for a 3-pack about 20 minutes ago.

Here’s a coda regarding 12C wines from the April 9, 2020 issue of Napa Valley Life magazine:

NOTE: 12C Wines will be changing proprietorship in late Spring 2020. The brand and wine portfolio

will remain the same and Mike Smith will continue in his role as winemaker.

Perhaps the new owners had a change of heart about retaining the 12C brand name.

1 Like

Leah,

Can you or Mike please give some more information on them? There is not much information on their websites.

Thank you!

Agree!! How do we know?

I would love more info, tasting notes, and block info. I see that this wine is “extended elevage” but man, it’s a tough go for $200+. At least I trust the wine maker and the style it would likely be.