TN: 2007 Domaine Roulot Bourgogne-Aligoté (France, Burgundy, Bourgogne-Aligoté)

• 2007 Domaine Roulot Bourgogne-Aligoté - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne-Aligoté (9/10/2020)
    These are now starting to get VERY interesting! Too bad this is my last bottle of a case bought in 2009…well…it was suppose to be a case of BB for $17 per, and received the Aligote by mistake. Decided to keep it, and ending up getting two more cases of the BB cuz that sucker was GOOOD…and wasn’t really thrilled with the Aligote at the time…an acid freak, and just an ok drink. Last bottle had was 7 years ago(are you friggin serious??) and saw some leakage starting on this bottle so decided to kill it. WOW…this has really blossomed into a fun wine! Fresh as a daisy with tart lemon citrus and pineapple acidity…chalky saline minerality, slight petrol…very clean and fresh snappy orchard fruit. What gets me is, as I’ve noted before, this wine totally tastes like a still Champagne! Has that bright high acid fruit…then a lees brioche-ness to it…ginger spice, caramel apple stick, chalky limestone. There’s a slight exotic nuance to it of lychee and almond liqueur which reminds me of the 13 Ultramarine BdB. Finishes creamy smooth and refreshing with some white flower florals and citrus pucker. LOVE this! Who knew…wish I had more. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Wish I had saved a few from when they were sub $20.

Oldest aligote I’ve had were a couple of 2011 and 2013 lafarge raisin dores and they were fine but not really exciting.

Great note. A bottle of the 2014 Roulot really opened up my eyes to what can be done with aligote. (Had had a few previously, including Chevillon and the Lafarge mentioned by RichardP, that left me pretty nonplussed.) Must be amazing with the additional age.

The Bouzeron Aligote from de Villaine also does nice things with age. We had some 15+ year old examples at the domaine and they were really nice.

V Interesting. For me 07 is the best Roulot vintage of the last 20 yrs. I wonder if that is part of the reason the Aligote has aged so well.

Aligoté has huge aging potential, when made right, so this doesn’t surprise me. Last year I opened a 1976 from an unheard of Meursault producer at the end of a long dinner and served it blind. Everyone was guessing ten year old Meursault Perrières etc etc. Not bad for a 12 EUR bottle.

Great note my man. Thanks :pray:t4: