Post your favorite wine "autocorrects"

Was texting with David Dyroff about buying some Hofgut Falkenstein, who mentioned a particular retailer had the “speed laser find Herb” (spatlese feinherb).

I’m sure this must happen to many of you, what have been some of your favorite autocorrects?

Lunch-Bagels :laughing:

Tasty.

I’m currently in the mood for some spotless (spatlese).

I started out well, and went downhill after that:

Beaujolais
Saint Amore
Julie Nas
Shainas
Mulan of all
Flurry
She rubella
Morgan
Rain yay
Ru Yi
Coat the brewery

She rubella sounds scary

I get “Chiro unless.”

To be fully accurate, “Speed laser find Herb” from the OP was actually a voice-dictation fail rather than an auto-correct fail.

But yesterday auto-correct wanted me to call everyone’s favorite second-growth Pauillac “Chateau Pichon-Laplander.”

Chateau Pichon-Laplander. Notes of fir tree, lutefisk, and soul-draining cold. No rating.

What, no scent of reindeer jerky?

Just recently I tried to write Musigny in a Instagram post and it auto-corrected to Misogyny. Glad I caught that one.

I fondly recall the only Sherry Equipo Navazos ever released from Florida, their famous Manzanilla Pasadena.

My autocorrect is pretty good; predicts echezeaux, musigny, Angerville (actually corrects anger to Angerville lol)

That came from Lynch Bages ? Wow.

Mine finally predicts certain words with the correct diacritics, including spätlese and Rhône (my phone also has Côte and Rôtie, but my iPad is still learning those), but it still won’t stop capitalizing grape varieties (other than riesling, on which I’ve finally trained it) and words like spätlese (on which I had to correct it twice for this post).

Best was when I started covering Champagne: “mousse” was being corrected to “mouse”. I only noticed a few days before my first big article was due to publish…

I’ve had so many autocorrects on wine. But the AI learns maybe a little too well. If I type in the letter F, the autocorrect defaults to Falkenstein. Hu to Huet.