Ferren Release Wednesday 9/16

One of my favorite producers

Please save the date of Wednesday, September 16th for the release of our 2018 vintage wines. Like last year, we will be offering Chardonnay from Silver Eagle, Lancel Creek, and Frei Road vineyards and Pinot noir from Silver Eagle and Frei Road vineyards, in addition to our Sonoma Coast appellation Pinot noir and Chardonnay.

On September 16th, an email will be sent to you containing a link to your allocation at approximately 10:30 a.m Pacific time. Due to high demand and limited production, the wines will be offered on a first come, first served basis, so we encourage you to order early. We will begin shipping wines in early to mid-November, weather permitting. Thank you for your interest in our wines.

Agree!

I agree Steve. For me, the Pinots are top-five and the Chardonnays are top-three!

I find it somewhat strange how little chatter Ferren receives on the boards. It is from a fellow-WBer that I discovered Ferren just before their inaugural release and very thankful.

Order in!

Ordered…all Chardonnay with one lone bottle of Frei Pinot.

While all the Ferren wines I’ve had have been great, the Chards steal the show. Lots of complexity and very close to the greatness of Aubert and Marcassin if you like those profiles.

Ordered 1 of every single vineyard. I’m a big fan of Matt Courtney and I found Ferren through his hire with Arista. Today, I like the Ferren wines as much or more than the Arista wines.

Bought everything offered

Whoa! [winner.gif]

Thanks for letting me try Steve. I picked up a few bottles myself.

Always been curious about Ferren. I like what I’ve heard.

But never tried?

Trent, I think I heard about Ferren from you first a few years ago. Always happy to place an order! Love the Frei Rd chard.

Excellent! Glad you’ve found enjoyment in these wines Shay. I appreciate your thoughts and tasting notes so always happy to have bottles in common.

Never tried. Never see them in shops, either.

I’ve only enjoyed all their Chards and look forward to diving in to the pinots.

Anyone care to share a bit on what to expect from their pinot noirs? What other producers (if any) would you compare them to?

Thanks!

I’ve had two of the Pinots, both Frei Rd. Here are my notes. I preferred the 2015 over the 2016.

WRT comparison, I normally drink RM, Kutch, and Rhys Pinots. The Ferren is a little heavier on the rich fruit component compared to these others. I don’t seem to recall as much stem-inclusion on the Ferren wines as Kutch and Rhys will use.

• 2015 Ferren Wines Pinot Noir Frei Road Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (9/22/2018)
    Exceptional; allow a full 2+ hours to open up and shine; full, mouth-coating strawberry and dark red fruits with a nuanced spice undertone; a bit of sweet earthiness and savoriness; the most remarkable attribute is how smooth this drinks with a plush mouthfeel; on the newer-world side of Cali Pinots, but by no means over-the-top; just really well made and a joy to drink. (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

• 2016 Ferren Wines Pinot Noir Frei Road Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (7/23/2019)
    Consumed over three days; ripe, red fruit with a tang and cola spice mid palate; saturated fruit but not sappy; deep and nicely structured; clipped finish but it’s super young, definitely one to buy every release! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Big fan of the Ferren Chard’s. I’ve bought several vintages now and they always deliver. Logged in to buy my allocation the day of release and one of the Chard’s was already sold out. Little bummed about that because I had never not been able to get all of bottlings, but I guess that means that their demand is high, which is good for Ferren.

Thanks a lot for sharing. Even more excited now!