TN: 2017 Bedrock Wine Co. Barbera Shake Ridge Ranch

• 2017 Bedrock Wine Co. Barbera Shake Ridge Ranch - USA, California, Sierra Foothills, Amador County (9/14/2020)
    If I had been served this blind I might have very well guessed Barbera, as the high toned acidity and macerated raspberry fruit were a bit of a giveaway. I doubt I would have guessed Bedrock, as I had no prior context for the grape/producer combination. What really surprised me was that there was no underlying similarity to other Shake Ridge wines that I had enjoyed in the past. Maybe it was the ripe Barbera covering everything up. It was a most enjoyable drink, but I will wait a few years on my other bottle, in the hopes that it slows down a bit, and shows those Shake Ridge bones. Good Barbera, just not quite the terroir vehicle I was hoping for.

Posted from CellarTracker

Was this a one off? Don’t recall that Bedrock consistently made a barbera

this is from the supplemental release correct? sounds like a fun bottle! excited to have one on the way. Thanks for sacrificing one for the greater good right away!

This is a one off. It is from the supplemental release in the late spring.

More Dirty and Rowdy esque than Bedrock, but I love these.

I disagree. There was a distinct mid-palate richness that made a lot of sense for a Bedrock wine.