William & Mary - September 22nd!

Just hit my inbox! Shifflett Ranch, Proprietary Red, and new Napa Valley designation drop next week at 9a PST Tuesday, 9/22. So excited for this one! [cheers.gif]

Word around the campfire is the Napa bottling is sourced from a single vineyard. I donā€™t know if Will is sworn to secrecy, but I understand it should provide great value.

Cant wait!

Been looking forward to these.

1 Like

Will be looking forward to this as well.

Love these wines!

Looking forward to them!

Yay!

Hereā€™s the Roy Piper hype from the Rivers Marie thread:

William has a new wine, I think itā€™s gonna be called ā€œPickett Road.ā€ 100% Cab from a vineyard near Araujo. The crazy part is itā€™s only $75 per bottle. Very ripe and red-fruited, silky and ready to go, although it should go a while too. I place this bottling third of this three wines but at the price, really good. And a good one to drink while you wait for his other 18s to mature a bit.

Prop Redā€¦ this one seems very much like the previous two vintages, except more ripeness in the Franc component. Good structure, really good mouthfeel coverage, solid amount of tannin. Needs a couple years. Medium-full body, more civilized than his Cab at this stage. One of the better St, Emilion-style blends out there, although very much in the Napa-style. $95

Cabernetā€¦ wellā€¦ if youā€™ve liked his style on this, get ready, as it is head and shoulders above anything he has made before. One sip and it blew me away. Juicy, in your face Napa style, with blueberry and black currant, a good dose of toasty oak. This bottling feels like the second-coming of the glory days of Schrader (in my opinion 2002-2010), especially in the mouthfeel. I keep thinking a cooler climate 2007 Schrader RBS, on release, in particular. At another level for Mr. Segui.
And at only $110ā€¦ [flirtysmile.gif]

Just went I thought I could give my wallet a break. Excited for this one!

ā€œonlyā€ $75 per bottle. Must be nice.

1 Like

Thanks for posting those notes, I remember reading them before, but helpful to have in the thread! I really liked the 2016 Cab, and only have 1 bottle left out of 6, but think itā€™s actually just getting to a good point for drinking now. I am wondering if the $75 Cab will be also sold in 3-packs.

Iā€™m thinking that the 3-pack minimum was to ensure he doesnā€™t get screwed on shipping as he subsidizes shipping. Heā€™s mixed 3-packs in the past so itā€™s not like he requires you to purchase 3 of everything you want.

Iā€™ll be buying at least a case. This is a no-brainer for me.

Iā€™ve been waiting for this release all year. Skipped a whole bunch of other offers just to save for this one.

Brian, thanks for the heads up on mixing a 3 pack, I was unaware of this!!

Good one.

Iā€™ll let you know when I open one.

Was hoping this would be delayed more as my credit card is still smoking from previous purchases. Oh well - will be hoping for at least a case. Always love the wines.

Had the '17 Proprietary this weekend and it was a wonderful wine, but I think this needs time in the bottle to be even more special.

The ā€˜17 cab was by far the best Napa cab of the vintage for me. Havenā€™t even tried my ā€˜16s yet. Canā€™t wait for these ā€˜18ā€™s.

I could have sworn I was already on this list, but I didnā€™t get any save the date, so I just signed up ā€œagain.ā€

1 Like