TN: 2018 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Chassagne-Montrachet Vieilles Vignes

Plenty of smoky mineral reduction along with notes of preserved lemon. It is dense and sappy, with good volume and intensity. The finish is loaded with chalk and it has excellent length. Plenty of material here upon which to age.

Insightful notes as always Jeremy. Sounds like PYCM did well in 18. How do these wines stack up against the 2017s?

I reckon his '18’s are every it as good as his '17’s Jason. He seemed to pick relatively early and the wines are loaded with chalky dry extract (which I love).

Well, sounds like I’m a buyer [cheers.gif]

Lovely to hear. I’m hoping to stock up on the 2018 CC and PM/CM after I was only able to find 1 bottle of 2017 CC.

has he made a bad wine?

An interesting tid bit received this morning, a little off topic but hey!
Please be advised regarding the 2018 PYCM Meursault ‘Narvaux’ as it was recently offered. This was presented in November last year to David as a barrel sample of Narvaux, and we offered the wine as such. Upon receipt of the wines last week, the wine arrived labelled as Meursault. Enquiries to Pierre-Yves resulted in explanation.

• Due to the tiny volume of his Meursault Virueils in 2018, this was blended into the Narvaux, and offered as a straight Meursault bottling.

Also to answer your question Alan, some of his '13s did not overly excite me, but perhaps that is as much about the vintage.

The guy PYCM is a wizard…

It’s posts like this that cost me money.

Had a 2018 from this label today. I’m admitedly not entirely clued in on reading and spcifying a lot of French labels but it’s one of the lower priced of the burgundies from their offerings. It has the structure I so look for in chardonnay and have not found in a domestic one. Just an awesome wine.