Save The Date- 2018 Scarecrow M'Etain

Just got my postcard in the mail, and am fired up about this release on October 1st.

Having skipped both 'Crow bottlings in 2017, I was a bit concerned that my allocation to this wine would be drastically cut or eliminated. I’m happy to report that my allocation is a healthy one, although my AMEX will probably hate me once the charge hits.

In any event, this wine consistently ranks among my favorite wines year in, year out.

Slight price bump to $195/per, but the tariff is worth it, IMO.

Giddy Up…

2 Likes

Was there a price increase? I believe the 2016 was priced at $195 per as well.

1 Like

I’m not sure, to be honest. I thought the '16 was a bit less, it’s tough to keep track.

I just got the mailer, and it said $195 per. 2 pack, or 6 pack, up to a total of 8 (at least for me). I’ve never had it before, is the tariff worth it (for a 2nd wine)? I am fine paying $200 a bottle (Shafer, Carter, Greer, Bevan, etc.) but am curious, being a first time buyer. Frankly, they’ve sent me mailers since 2016, and haven’t pulled the trigger yet…

Taste being a personal preference I can only say this bottling isnt worth it for me. I would rather get the others you listed.

1 Like

I skipped '17 as well. Went deep on Realm, so debating this purchase, but '18 is shaping up to be such a great vintage…

The M’Etain leans more towards the Greer style than Carter and the others mentioned above. Even though it’s a ‘second wine’, it goes toe to toe with most winery’s flagship bottlings. If there was any vintage to take a first time flyer on, it’s the 18’s

2 Likes

I may need to pop open a 2016 M’Etain soon and see if I dig it enough to justify purchasing the 2018s. Brian (or anyone else), do you have any recent tasting experience regarding the 2016? If you know, are these ready to rock or do they still need more time to show well?

Thanks.

I am always in for two bottles. Great quality and the wife loves it.

B

I have had several 16’s since late last year (sometimes with wine, I am not a patient dude), and as long as you give it a couple hours in a decanter, it’s ready to rock…

Awesome. I am not a patient dude either when it comes to wine! I will pop a bottle between now and the offer. Thanks, Brian!

1 Like

First time getting this offer. Does buying here affect your place on the scarecrow list?

I do not think so. (That’s what Scarecrow says at least).

1 Like

I received my letter today. Hesitating on the purchase only because of the stink eye from the Mrs after reviewing the last two CC statements. This is Yr 4 of purchasing, but I know there is another trail on wait lists and Scarecrow WL sounds like it’s 3 yrs. I don’t want to miss my opportunity in the Spring should my number be called. FOMO setting in… How confident on the independence of the two lists?

I’ve never purchased it (although thinking of it this year) and I got my first scarecrow allocation (3 pack and mag) this spring.

I believe the offer email states it does not impact your scarecrow allocation chances.

I’ve never purchase etain and I’ve been buying sc since the 14 vintage. No need to buy to get the flagship.

+1

Let’s just hope that they are reading this thread- and I hope that they can find the kindness to offer me a three pack of The Crow in the spring :pray:

What does M’Etain mean or refer to? I’m not in the Scarecrow world.

With Greer at only $175 a pop, I may just write them and ask if another 3-pack is in the cards…