TN: 2014 Roagna Langhe Rosso (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Langhe DOC)

I was inspired by Ikka’s recent note on the '11. I am happy I opened it.

• 2014 Roagna Langhe Rosso - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Langhe DOC (9/15/2020)
    Day one pop and pour. Drunk over a few hours. A beautifully perfumed, graceful, lifted nose. with violet as much as rose, cooler nebbiolo fruit, some tar, and medicine cabinet Jaegermeister herbal notes. Midweighted and graceful on the palate, with a sense of breadth without weight. Sappy, yet lithe, coupling subtle power with a sense of grace. A cohesive, understated, beautiful wine that conveys the best parts of its irregular vintage. A long finish with more balsam perfumed notes and fine nebbiolo tannins. Delicious.

The last glass left in the bottle overnight has become more floral overnight, having gained both depth and finesse. It has the haunting cool fruit and medicinal herbal notes that the best '14s have and that most '14s lack. A pretty delicious wine and a better value. Effortless. A wine that made me happy. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for reading, and thanks Ikka for the motivation

Thanks for the note! Sounds great enough to make me regret not buying this vintage when it was available. Also makes me question whether I should drop my plans of opening a Loire Cab Franc tonight and grab a bottle of Nebbiolo instead [wow.gif]

Always love these!

roagna’s langhes are a great value.

also, I think I’m a much bigger fan of 11 in most of italy than a lot of people are. those wines have been great for drinking fairly young