US Chardonnay Producer Recommendations

This summer I have been drinking a lot more white, and have decided I really like chardonnay and after 15 years with this hobby I should start cellaring some!

What producers do people recommend trying, or lists to join? Im on Kongsgaard (active), Aubert (waitlist), Rivers Marie (just signed up in August)

Liquid Farm

Walter Scott, Goodfellow, back fill Arcadian, Rhys.

Chanin, Ceritas, Liquid Farm, Sandhi

Also this was recently discussed

Depends what you like? What Chardonnays have you found you enjoy. There is so much variety of flavors and styles that it might help to know which ones you like at the moment?

Example, I really enjoy all the producers Dennis mentioned "Walter Scott, Goodfellow, back fill Arcadian, Rhys.
" but on the other hand I don’t enjoy Aubert, Liquid Farm or Rivers Marie. They are all too ripe for my palate.

Sean

Yeah, at least IMO, Sean makes a great point - if you like Aubert, I wouldn’t be getting on lists like Walter Scott or Goodfellow until you’ve actually tried the wines, because stylistically they are nothing like Aubert. That said, personally speaking, Goodfellow & Walter Scott are two of my favorite Chardonnay producers from anywhere, including Burgundy.

Ramey!

Forman and Stony Hill. There’s always the possibility that you like multiple styles, as I do.

the best domestic chardonnay being produced IMO is at Walter Scott. But as mentioned, depends a lot on your style. Goodfellow also makes great linear chardonnay.

Thanks for your reply’s and recommendations. I’ll buy some different producers you mentioned and see what I like.

Thanks for the link to the other thread Vince L. Exactly what I was looking for.

This +10000000

Also, try some from Ladd Cellars. Easy price point for delicious Sonoma Coast Chardonnay.

Maxem makes a killer Chardonnay champagne.gif

I think there are a lot of good suggestions on here and I’ll add one more based on what you seem to like – Lagom (made by Torrin) Spanish Springs Vineyard Chardonnay. It’s really great if you like rich (but still balanced in my opinion) Chardonnay.

Kutch, Peay

Any of Aubert’s cuvees !

If you prefer more austere less oak influence, Scribe makes a dandy - their Estate version.
Best, jim

Another vote for Ramey.

Excellent rec. I would add Jamie Kutch to this as well. His low alc chards are dreamy.

I am not a huge Chardonnay guy but I have enjoyed Smith Madrone, not too oaky but fresh with plenty of acid.

1 Like