Latest Wine Spectator Issue

I just received the latest Wine Spectator in the mail. It includes reviews for Washington wine by Tim Fish. Notably absent were reviews for Quilceda Creek, Corliss and Cayuse. Actually none of the Christophe Baron wines were discussed or rated. Anyone else see the mag and have any thoughts? I buy pretty much the same wine every year so the magazine does not drive my purchases. Just thought it was strange that these would be missed as they get huge accolades by critics elsewhere covering the state.

They get huge accolades by the WS too.

Fish probably hadn’t tasted by the time the issue went to print, or he’s going to do a separate feature, or they didn’t submit on time - any number of things. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

WS Online has individual ratings for a Cayuse '18 Rosé and several '17 reds, '16 Columbia Valley QC Cab, and one '09 Corliss Syrah.

I figured that was probably the case. I used the QR code in the mag to see the 400+ wines reviewed and saw the one Cayuse rose wine in the mix. I continue to get an annual subscription to Wine Spectator each year as a holiday gift from family members and still enjoy the articles. The piece on Sandrone was particularly interesting, given my affinity for all things Barolo the last 10 years.

I thought it was curious also. QC has been a top10 wine at WS multiple occasions. They like Reynvaan and he is pupil of Baron. They list the major wine areas of
Washington (Walla Walla, Col. Vally, etc.) and the top producer in each area and don’t list QC or Cayuse. Most of the wines listed in the “Top Washington Wines” page are 2017s and they have rated several 2017 Cayuse wines 94 points. They’ve rated 2017 Horsepower also. So why leave them off the list?

Guys, Wine Spectator is like the People magazine of the wine world. They need to have a new “Sexiest Man Alive” every year even if the man from the previous year is still alive.