TN: 2016 Martin Müllen Trarbacher Hühnerberg Riesling Spätlese trocken ** '3te Terrasse'

More coiled up than my last bottle at first, but with some air I’m able to coax grapefruit, tangerine, lemon peel, wild yeasts, and a hint of lychee. Wet slate minerality provides a great balance to the fruit, eventually dominating the palate on the finish. The structure is juicy and bright, with vibrant acidity that is better incorporated since my last bottle.

Will give another it another 5 years before opening my next bottle (I mean it this time), but this provides ample pleasure now. GG quality wine from an underrated Mosel vineyard. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Hopefully the '19 offer is coming?

Nice. I just ordered some basic Riesling Revival Trocken to take Muellen out for a test drive. Then I noticed on CT that I took the 2008 Trarbacher Huehenerberg Spaetlese Trocken * for a spin back in July and loved it. Seems like good stuff coming from this address.

Müllen doesn’t make this wine every year sadly. When he doesn’t these grapes go into one of his starred spätlese trocken bottlings. Hopefully there’s a 2019 bottling, but I haven’t seen any offers for any of his 2019s yet.

I had a 2010 of that spätlese trocken last year and it was great. The riesling Revival is, as you said, basic. Even the non-asterisked single vineyard trockens are a good step up in quality.