TN: 2016 Hofgut Falkenstein Niedermenniger Herrenberg Riesling Kabinett feinherb

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Sounds delicious.

1 Like

[winner.gif]

The first Riesling we both like?! Did I even inspire you to buy Hofgut Falkenstein?!

The world is full of wonder.

1 Like

I think you’re thinking of Adam Frisch

1 Like

Really?!

I was just kidding regarding David. There are several Dönhoff Rieslings we both agree on.

1 Like

Thanks for the note David. Falkenstein 16s were the only must-buys of that vintage for me. And I should have gone deep but didn’t. Luckily I have a couple of these.

1 Like

I bought some after an email from Chambers St. Wines.

How are the '19 compared to the '16 from this house?

1 Like

The wines are excellent.

1 Like

Took me too long to try anything from this producer who is justifiably receiving a lot of praise here. Just a fantastic wine in a style I LOVE, the 12.50€ sticker makes me laugh. A fine combination of true finesse and through the roof drinkability.

• 2016 Hofgut Falkenstein Niedermenniger Herrenberg Riesling Kabinett feinherb - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer (22.1.2021)
    Superbly fresh and so damn bright on the nose. Very citrusy and green-toned with notes of lime, carambola and wet stone. As pure and articulate as it gets yet not one bit reductive. On the palate just slightly off-dry with beautifully pure fruit similar to the nose. Wonderfully airy, despite great acidity and remarkable energy there is no tightness and it drinks stupendously well already. Notably streamlined all the way to the very long finish, the wine just screams very high level winemaking.

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like